Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Is this a mistake?

@InterZoom wrote:

I'm sorry, but if my contract for 40/20 carries no weight then why would yours for 55/10 - either now or in the future?...

Because since 1st August our contract for the service is for 55/10 not the previous 40/20. You accepted that change to your contract by not giving Plusnet notice of your intention to leave because of the change.

Failing to provide the 55/10 and giving a lower specification service is a contractual failure on Plusnet's part.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I got the info from PN Customer service, who also said they apologised there is no update on PN and will pass info on.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Let's hope it is correct , if so , i would have expected a post/update from PN by now , i have my doubts.

@HarryB is what zishan been told correct 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

InterZoom
Rising Star

@jelv wrote:

You accepted that change to your contract by not giving Plusnet notice of your intention to leave because of the change.

If fact, @jelv , PlusNet have formally acknowledged in correspondence that I have not affirmed the variation.

So this is ill-informed on a number of levels.

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
zishan
Rising Star

I was told by customer services today so please don't take my word for it. Also keep in mind I was told to pass onto faults department yesterday when I asked what's wrong. So I'll only believe it when.....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We’re looking in to this and will post an update asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

InterZoom wrote:

I have consistently been arguing (and nobody, including PlusNet, has come up with a valid counter argument) that this change from 40/20 to 55/10 is in itself a straightforward breach of contract and cannot legally be imposed because the variation clauses do not allow for it.

You also refused to enter into any discussion about it, you appear to have already made up your mind and don't seem to be interested in hearing anyone else's view.

InterZoom wrote:

It is not OK. That is not an accurate representation of the legal position. And I'm afraid that if you follow that logic and all roll over and accept that this particular change in service (and for this particular reason) is contractually valid, then the extension of that thinking is that you also have no expectations of any kind of customer service, nor consistent internet service, nor any other contractual rights: your only right is that you can leave.

But that's exactly what you're paying for with a home consumer ISP, you may well expect your Internet service to work all the time, but if something goes wrong, it'll be Plusnet doing their best to fix it as soon as they can, or something similar that sounds good but doesn't really mean anything. If you want a contract with some service level agreement for uptime or the time it will take to fix it, you ought to be paying for something else.

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Well said ejs.

zishan
Rising Star

Spoke to another customer rep and he said sorry 5pm ain't happening so goodbye to that. I told him earlier you said 5pm, he said we don't have any Info so that's wrong. And it won't be done today.

He also said we have 1000 ppl working here and didn't know who the rep was who told me 5pm, lol
dnpark38
Rising Star

@Chris wrote:

We’re looking in to this and will post an update asap.

Where will this reply be posted just here in this Forum?

Can you direct me to a service status statement covering this change over problems of the 1st. of August please.

I'm not effected at moment because I'm using mobile connection but reading here is very sad and I'm pleased my contract comes up for renewal next month so I can walk if my speeds all messed up.

Many years ago I had an ISP that was very good then almost overnight became very bad it was ADSL24/Entranet I quickly walked away as did most customers as I never heard of them again I guess they went under as they did not care. What I'm reading here suggests PN do not care either.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Houston WE have a problem !!!      

PN come on Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@zishan wrote:
He also said we have 1000 ppl working here and didn't know who the rep was who told me 5pm, lol

You have been told a load of rubbish, each time you speak to an agent , and they access your account , there should be a note on your account,, giving the name of the agent , time and date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Araf
Grafter

I remember adsl24 and the fun with the central pipes. Now we have fun with the gateways.
The way +net is going is very reminiscent of adsl24!
I doubt if +net will perish as part of the BT group but will certainly have a lot of churn and probably have to be absorbed
into  BT.

"we'll do you; proud!"
gren1946
Hooked

Should this three day debacle with no end in sight be now passed on to Ofcom ?Huh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ITWorks wrote:

@zishan wrote:

You have been told a load of rubbish, each time you speak to an agent , and they access your account , there should be a note on your account,, giving the name of the agent , time and date.

For what it's worth, I've already passed feedback on regarding the agent. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet