cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

Araf
Grafter

Re: Is this a mistake?

At least on a cruise ship you get a noon update if not from the captain then the navel cadet. No update means they do not know where they are!

The_10th
Grafter

Affected here too. Upload dropped from 17 to 9Mbps. Download still at 37Mbps.

Mushrooms....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Surely this warrants a service status posting (with regular updates) as so many are affected?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

+1 Jelv Thumbs_Up also a apology as to why it has taken so long Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
demberton
Dabbler

My upload has dropped in the way I was told would happen 2 months ago, and my download is the same as it ever was. It's hardly a loss of service is it?

I'd have been annoyed if they'd tried to move us to 40/2 as per new users as they probably could have done, but I'm not bothered about this.

I'm on 55/20 according to the sync speed, but 38/9.5 in reality. Presumably the 55 is just coincidence? It used to be higher.

John_Leeming
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

It's not a case of lost service but of a "misleading" email. My profile on BTW is now 37.57 download and 20 upload

but Plusnet seem to have decided that my upload should be reduced to 9 with no benefit to the download. I know that my line is capable of higher speeds than this. Why can't  PLUSNET give a definitive answer to why the download speed has not increased. When, and I'm sure, that many of us are using wireless devices  the speed boost would improve our service.

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@demberton

You stated "It's hardly a loss of service is it?". I think you miss the point. Plusnet have not delivered what they promised. I sync at 47 Mbps, so the move to 55/10 for me would give me a faster download. I stayed with PN based on their email to me stating that I would receive 55/10 as opposed to my current 40/20. I chose to stay with PN on this basis, not on any other.

So when you say, "it's hardly a loss of service", speak for yourself. What I currently have is not what I signed up for.

John_Leeming
Dabbler

Why haven't PLUSNET posted an explanation?

Piddles
Hooked

@jelv wrote:

Surely this warrants a service status posting (with regular updates) as so many are affected?

+2. Crass that it isn't.

Good customer service is imagining that you have to pay your customer for their time in dealing with you. 

I must have spent 90 minutes on this over the week, when it would have been ONE if it was on the Service Status page. Dread to think the time and cost in customer services (which we eventually pay for....).

I can just imagine that whoever is blocking posting it on Service Status is on some crazy incentive matrix or someone in the legal dept. Either way, heads need knocking together (metaphorically)!

Meanwhile, the brand reputational damage just piles up...

ceejaydee
Hooked

Come on plusnet live up to your "We'll do you proud" logo and your customer satisfaction boast by trying to halt your declining reputation by giving us some detail of what has gone wrong and an indication of when it might get fixed.

I understand and accept that things can and do go wrong, but the best way to pacify customers and keep them onside is to be open honest and frank with them.

InterZoom
Rising Star

@jafreer wrote:

Plusnet have not delivered what they promised. I sync at 47 Mbps, so the move to 55/10 for me would give me a faster download. I stayed with PN based on their email to me stating that I would receive 55/10 as opposed to my current 40/20. I chose to stay with PN on this basis, not on any other.

So when you say, "it's hardly a loss of service", speak for yourself. What I currently have is not what I signed up for.

Fantastic! This exactly illustrates the point.

I'm sorry, but if my contract for 40/20 carries no weight then why would yours for 55/10 - either now or in the future?...

Goose/Gander.

If you accept that they can make the service change in the first place, then you accept that they can do whatever they want; and your only remedy is to leave.

Sound unsatisfactory?

Indeed.

And that's why that isn't the law.

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
JasonMassey
Grafter

I'm disappointed as I have lost 3-4 mbps on my upload speed.   Upload is important to myself as I work from home as a software developer.

The other thing is I use a Draytek 2860n and provide my own upload QOS (Plusnet have no upload QOS).   The Draytek takes lines sync states and uses as basis for it's QOS.  Now I have an artificial cap my upload QOS is not working correct.

Additionally I have been out of contract for almost 18 months and could of agreed a cheaper deal, but kept the 40/20.running as did not want to loose the upload speed.

The upgrade to 55mbps is welcome, but as i'm someone who values upload more I just wish I could of stayed in 40/20.  Even if someone offered me a 20/20 I would still take it to keep upload.

As a side issue, BT / Overreach have a poor reputation on upload speeds, especially with cloud services and workers in remote locations it's not good for productivity in the country.  

To put in context how ridiculous the 9.5 upload cap is, I have a 4G phone and a mast thats 700meters away, my phone can receive over 30mbps upload.

zishan
Rising Star

Breaking News

I've just been notified that this will be resolved by 5pm today and to reboot router to get new profile.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@zishan where have you got the information from ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

InterZoom
Rising Star

@JasonMassey wrote:

(Plusnet have no upload QOS).

That may no longer be the case if they are applying upstream profiles on their own access routers, as seems, newly, to be happening.

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.