cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: Is this a mistake?

Well spotted InterZoom. Yes, 55/20 is not an OR product so based on Harry's comment, those that are reporting 55/20 are achieving this entirely through changing of PlusNet profiles. This would lead me to believe this mess is entirely a PlusNet internal mess.

What this does mean is that it is entirely within PlusNet's power to resolve this issue in the short term without customers having to switch to a different OR product (through changes to PN profiles).

So Harry, thanks for the clarification, it has made things just a little clearer as to what is happening. I now ask that you change my Plusnet download and upload profiles to 55/10 and then you can swap me to the OR 55/10 product at your convenience. Until either of these happen, you are in breach of contract as your email advised me that my maximum speeds would be 55/10 from August 1st.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

01-08-2016 2:54 PM

@HarryB wrote:

@Baldrick1 wrote:

So what is the truth regarding who it is that is applying the 9.5Mbps cap?

It's on our side.

@Baldrick1 wrote:
So Plusnet, if this is the case, why not put we customers to whom you appear to be deliberately failing to provide the promised 55Mbps on 80Mbps or put us back onto 40/20 until you sort yourselves out.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. It's not a change we can just flip on/off through the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@HarryB wrote:

@penfold - In the run up to this change we did see some people advising they were already seeing 55Mbps down while they still had 20Mbps up and I've also received messages from some people that do appear to be on 55/10, confirmed by links to their speed test results.

There are 2 points here:

First, the migration process seem even less successful than we had thought. We were aware that uploads had been dropped from 20 to 10 but it now seems that not even that was done properly, and not everyone who should have been capped was! @HarryB tells us that some people are on 55/20.

Secondly, no one has turned up in this thread so far saying that they are on 55/10. It would be wrong to draw a conclusion from that as not all users come to the forum, and those without a problem probably ignore this long thread. But, if there is anyone out there on 55/10, would they mind posting please to let us know?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

What gets me is the way PN are allowing this to fester. Why not just say sorry and put things back as they were until they get the problem sorted?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@BrightonRock wrote:
@HarryB tells us that some people are on 55/20.

@BrightonRock - No. People were seeing 55/20 in the run up to the change.

For example, this post on 15-06-2016 11:37 AM

What I said was some people are on 55/10

@HarryB wrote:

@penfold - In the run up to this change we did see some people advising they were already seeing 55Mbps down while they still had 20Mbps up and I've also received messages from some people that do appear to be on 55/10, confirmed by links to their speed test results.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@HarryB If we elected to pay the extra and upgrade to 80/20 is that something that could be done from the account or is that also impossible at the moment?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

John_Leeming
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I'm not the only one confused by Plusnet email advising me of a download speed increase. I'm still on the around 40 download but my upload has gradually dropped to around 10. Can Plusnet please advise me on where I stand?

Jack

InterZoom
Rising Star

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Why not just say sorry and put things back as they were until they get the problem sorted?

Why not just not proceed with the move to 55/10 at all, since it's a breach of contract anyway?

And could you please return my profile to 40/20, since I'm not paying for 40/10?

Thanks.

---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@HarryB - Given that you have time to pop on here to clarify what you said earlier, would it be too much to ask for you also to let everyone know what Plusnet are doing to address this?

Just to let you know, I will be seeking compensation for the length of time I am not getting the service you said I would. I will make that request initially to PlusNet once I am switched to 55/10 (so I know how long I had the wrong service). If PlusNet do not entertain that request then I will make a formal complaint and so on. It is just a heads up for you.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@InterZoom wrote:

Why not just not proceed with the move to 55/10 at all, since it's a breach of contract anyway?

It's not a breach of contract - you were notified of the change in accordance with the contract and given the opportunity to cancel FOC if you didn't want to accept the change.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
InterZoom
Rising Star

@jafreer wrote:

Just to let you know, I will be seeking compensation for the length of time I am not getting the service you said I would. I will make that request initially to PlusNet once I am switched to 55/10 (so I know how long I had the wrong service). If PlusNet do not entertain that request then I will make a formal complaint and so on. It is just a heads up for you.

I still really don't get this reaction...

---
Troubleshooting:
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@InterZoom - I really don't get your reaction, but that's another story.

InterZoom
Rising Star

@jelv wrote:

It's not a breach of contract

It is. The variation clauses don't cover it.

And if you reckon it isn't then none of you have anything at all to complain about. Just leave.

---
Troubleshooting:
PeteW1959
Grafter

@InterZoom wrote:

I still really don't get this reaction...

Neither do I. It doesn't matter what PN put in their T&Cs, under English law they must be fair.

Having a clause that translates to 'We can change the service if we change the service' is completely unfair, and that is the only clause that applies in this case.

zarnywoop
Dabbler

Also noted that the connection latency has gone up since moving to the new wholesale package, for me circa 14ms to 22ms.