Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Is this a mistake?

?  surely it makes sence for PN to Post some status message , or a sticky Post for Customers to see ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@HarryB

From what I understand, the customers (me included) that have had their upload cut to 10 Mbps, but their download still set at 40 Mbps, are still on the 80/20 Openreach product (as before). So until the switch to the different product (55/10), it is Plusnet that are limiting both upload and download maximum speeds.

Plusnet could either have left things as they are until the product change is complete, or they could have set the download profile to 55, and the upload profile to 10. That way, at least customers would either have got what they were told they would get (55/10), or have to wait a little longer to get it (but still have the 20 upload).

Instead, Plusnet do the worse possible thing, which is capping the upload to 10, and keeping the download at 40. Despite the 2 options described above, Plusnet have implemented the one that not only doesn't give customers what they were told they would get, but caps their upload speed in the process. Very bad form.

When I received the email informing me of the proposed change, I had the option of leaving the contract penalty free. I opted to stay, on the basis that what you told me was correct. You have not implemented the change correctly, and have annoyed a lot of customers in the process.

Harry, I am guessing you are trying to get this all resolved right now, but it is a monumental mess. From August 1st (the date of the transition as described in the email), many customers are now not getting the service they are paying for. Given this, can you let me know how much you plan to take off my bill in the form of compensation?

I also strongly suggest that you reply on here with some clear information as to how the issue is being addressed, rather than just saying you don't have an update.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I know it is a real pain to contact PN but having got over that hurdle you do have the satisfaction of being invited to partake in a customer satisfaction survey!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

demberton
Dabbler

So should I be seeing a sync speed of 55Mb now? Is that the way it works?

Because I am (19Mb up), but my connection has been dropping and I want to be sure it's because of this change and not some other problem. I used to get sync speed of 70-80Mb. Speed test shows 38Mb/9Mb.

Bob1
Rising Star

@HarryB

It is getting near the end of the second day since this problem started. Surely Plusnet do not expect to us to remain in limbo for another night, without answers to:

1. is somebody actually working on the problem?

2. what do they have to do and when do they hope to have a fix sorted?

3. how did all this come about and why can't you just take the speed caps in our accounts off while you sort it.

I was a perfectly satisfied customer until yesterday. It is being kept in the dark about how this problem is being addressed and the lack of any progress reports that is getting me to the stage of believing that the regulator needs to pay a lot more attention to the processes in place at ISPs for providing acceptable levels of customer service. You have been in breach of contract since 00.01 yesterday with the terms Plusnet said would apply from 1 Aug.

Do I really have to escalate this to a formal complaint to get a proper answer?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Now been reported over at ISPreview : http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/08/plusnet-botches-38mbps-52mbps-fibre-broadband-upgrade.h...

The way this has been handled seems pretty bad to me, takes PN till 2pm today to get back to customers, only when they  ask for (and rightly so) an update , to be given zero update, no timescale, just what have PN been doing to sort this out since yesterday morning , to have no update this afternoon?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bob1
Rising Star

@ITWorks wrote:

Now been reported over at ISPreview : http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/08/plusnet-botches-38mbps-52mbps-fibre-broadband-upgrade.h...

Well done for picking this up. I think it's a decent article - PN deserve all the bad publicity they get. I've got my bit in as the first comment on their site, pointing out that the PN comment to ISPreview was the same brush off as we got. Perhaps if we started putting our comments over there we might have more chance of getting a meaningful response.

zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Im on the chat help and there is a almighty 29 in queue, I think everyone asking whats going on.

I contacted the chat last night at 10pm and was told theres a issue with the profile and it would take 72 hours to resolve.

Good luck getting anything done today.

medea
Grafter

Subsequent comment:

A Spokesperson for Plusnet told ISPreview.co.uk:

“We are aware some customers due to receive our upgrade from their 40/20 package to 55/10 are not receiving the full download capacity. We’re currently investigating why this has happened and will continue to keep customers regularly updated.”

Currently unlimited fibre (40/20) since yesterday running at 37.5/9.5, formerly 37.5/16.8

Looking forward to receiving 55/10 but when?

Still waiting for the update!!

zishan
Rising Star

Well Ive reached number 8 in the queue, lets see what they flog me off with.

zishan
Rising Star

Well I've just come off the Chat and was told "The speed profile has been manually changed by us on a number of occassions to bring your speed up however it keeps dropping following this, therefore we need to find out why this is occuring, in order to fix this"

I wonder whats next?

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I have to say, that sounds like a line of BS you have been fed. I could be wrong, but I find it very unlikely.

zishan
Rising Star

Ive raised a fault now, I know the BT guy will show up and walk out with nff.

Estragon
Rising Star

Re Message 281, what are your down and up IP Profiles on a BT Speed test Further Diagnostics?

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Well I'm usually a pretty patient chap, but this is frankly ridiculous. We are contracted on a 40/20 product. Rightly or wrongly we have been regraded but not even getting what's promised. If we had some kind of response that was meaningful, rather than the usual were working on it then things may not be as bad. We have however a flagrant disregard for customer service. In effect plusnet are now in breach of their contract to us. I expect a formal response on here asap... Come on plusnet,just tell us what the issue is, or is it that much of a monumental balls up....