cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

PeteW1959
Grafter

Re: Is this a mistake?

Well I can't afford the extra to move up to 80/40, especially as my line rental and calls package is increasing, and am just going to have to manage with 9.5 upstream, so there is little point in staying with Plusnet.

I can get 55/10 and anytime calls with almost any other provider at less than half the price of Plusnet, so it's a no brainer.

I'm out of here!

dnpark38
Rising Star

Is this new speed like the 80 Mbs one in that if you are on the 40 you have to be achieving 40 Mbs now to gain any increase from getting the 80 product, so if not getting 40 now you will see no increase?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: Speed increase

@dnpark38 wrote:

I hadn't noticed it, but what I have noticed is the speed reduction from 32 Mbs to 29 Mbs.

Plusnet Team can I have the lost 3 Mbs back please and the increase on top that your e-mail talks about please?

Will Plusnet Team have read this?

I've just done the BT Diagnostic test and see "31.85 Mbps Max Achievable Speed" this was 36/35 before, can Plusnet reset please.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@dnpark38

We can't remotely reset fibre lines I'm afraid. That can only be done by a Openreach engineer after resolving a fault.

A drop of 3mbps wouldn't be enough for our suppliers to class it as a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dnpark38
Rising Star

It as happened before and Plusnet did put it right themselves.

Please note I'm now below the estimate for the line.

Do I have to raise a Ticket or reopen the previous one?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@dnpark38 Your estimated speed range is between 27.7 and 40mbps.

If you want to raise this you can at https://faults.plus.net however I don't think we'll be able to investigate as our suppliers will only investigate when the speeds drop by a high percentage.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dsalazar
Dabbler

@DTEG wrote:

Thanks, @HarryB - it didn't seem the most convincing of explanations, but she seemed quite certain in the end. Obviously major comms issues all round if the support staff don't know the packages on offer.

The PlusNet CSA basically lied to get you off the line. What can you expect from a company that decides to put customers in a lower tier service mid-contract for the same price and still call it an upgrade?

dnpark38
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

@dnpark38 Your estimated speed range is between 27.7 and 40mbps.

If you want to raise this you can at https://faults.plus.net however I don't think we'll be able to investigate as our suppliers will only investigate when the speeds drop by a high percentage.

So you think I should be happy with speed decrease and increasing charges?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dsalazar wrote:

The PlusNet CSA basically lied to you to get you off the line.

It wasn't that at all. They advised what their manager had confirmed. I have discussed this with the manager in question and also escalated the matter via my manager to ensure they are aware of what's changing moving forward.

@dnpark38 - We're not saying you should be happy about it. We're simply explaining that your line is performing within the estimates, therefore there may not be much we can do to get them back to the top end of the estimates. While the speeds are within your estimates, our suppliers are likely to reject a fault report for low speeds.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dsalazar
Dabbler

Lies and misdirection is how Plusnet is handling this change. Otherwise how can you explain that the upload downgrade was hidden 7 paragraphs into the email. The team that wrote it were just hoping that people will ignore the important bits around all the noise.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

DTEG
Rising Star

It wasn't that at all. They advised what their manager had confirmed. I have discussed this with the manager in question and also escalated the matter via my manager to ensure they are aware of what's changing moving forward.

Indeed. I didn't get the impression of being brushed off, indeed I think the rep was consulting with colleagues as we chatted. However given that I was given wrong information, I'm rather surprised not to have received any follow-up communication from CS. Hopefully part of your escalation was mentioning that the announcement hasn't gone down terribly well with your established users. I have raised a ticket about all this, anyway; let's see how PN respond.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I am being moved over to the 55/10 package.  One question I have for CSC is that I am very close to the end of my deal. I was going to ring to see what I may be offered, but concerned they may move me off 40/20, to 40/2 which I do not want under no circumstances. Will recontracting, and insisting I stay on 40/20 work, or am I going to lose out on this???

dnpark38
Rising Star

Can you tell me does the upload speed matter to a domestic user?  

Like you I'm on 40/20 and I get 30/5 also very near end of my 18 months.

Will be paying £40 month and no contract when todays increases applied.   Can get same from SSE for £21 month for 12 months.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

To be honest, I am on 40/20, as thats what was on offer when I signed up for fibre. The upload will affect you if you send alot of files or large files to cloud services, or work from home.

I dont really need to 20mb upload, but after using a fast upload, dont want to drop back to 2mb.  10mb would be more than enough for what I need. Its the download I need, as I have family members using the download bandwidth alot.

weezul
Dabbler

Consider me another devastated customer. I work as a professional musican/composer/music producer whatever and I send a LOT of large WAV files every day. This cutting in half is going to double my delivery time to my clients, and mean my cloud backup of my work will take twice as long. I keep a years' worth synced to the cloud.

Currently looking into other options. Download means nothing to me, I was always about the upload. Why would they do this Cry