cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is one and a half hours to support without a reply acceptable?

southheathen
Dabbler

Is one and a half hours to support without a reply acceptable?

I have a broken Plusnet Technicolor Router, as a temporary fix I am using an old Draytek but have no wireless. I hung on the phone for an hour and a half yesterday until the line dropped. Frankly, that is the kind of service I left Sky because of.
6 REPLIES 6
southheathen
Dabbler

Re: Is one and a half hours to support without a reply acceptable?

Currently trying again on support line...
That's over quarter of an hour of my life I'll never get back... and listening to She Sells Sanctuary isn't making up for it.
Sad
southheathen
Dabbler

Kaiser Chiefs... Ruby... no support and coming up to half an hour... I'll give it another five minutes then I will be looking for a better service. Some of us have work to do!  Angry
southheathen
Dabbler

Going For Gold by Shed Seven... I'm outa here!
Not good PlusNet...
Over half an hour and nada!
Roll_eyes
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Unfortunately for you,  if  your broken router is more than a year old then PN are under no obligation to replace it with a no charge new one. You may get a replacement by signing up for a new contract. PN supplied routers are a bit iffy anyway when it comes to wifi . Is it the BT FIbre Modem or the PN router that's actually at fault? You may be better off and achive a quicker result by replacing any broken equipment yourself ! Good luck.
SteadVex
Grafter

usually I'd agree its unacceptable, but this weekend I'd imagine Desmond has something to do with the longer than usual queues, at least from the news I've seen today seems a lot of flooding has happened, which I imagine causes havoc with lots of people's broadband.
Also much like phone contracts,  as gpsmout plusnet have no obligation to replace hardware, and again, i'd personally look at sourcing a better one, you can get decent hardware for under £20 these days which will have a far better Wi-Fi range for a start
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Try the online chat instead? Easier to get on with other things, and it gives you a countdown of people in the queue before you so as long as you keep an eye on it every now and again you don't have to sit an wait.