Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my speed being throttled?

FIXED
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Is my speed being throttled?

My download speed has suddenly dropped to a very steady 38 Mbs. With all of the problems that my account has suffered over the past year, could someone please check that I'm not being artificially throttled? Thanks.😊

10 REPLIES 10
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Is my speed being throttled?

Hi @tijara33,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and for any inconvenience that this has caused you.   Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in speed faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Anderson18

I am located in the north east scotland and my speed dropped from 52 meg average to a steady 40 megs this morning.  I mostly use BT wholesale speed tester but other tests confirm the 20% drop. 

tijara33
Pro

Thanks, EmilyD, I'll leave it for a couple of days.

tijara33
Pro

. Sadly the link for fault submission isn't working. Could you please update it? Many thanks.

tijara33
Pro

Hiya. I found a link & the further analysis confirms that my download speed is much lower than it should be. I look forward to the results of your investigation.

tijara33
Pro

EmilyD

I've just received my monthly Sam Knows report & my speed suddenly dropped around 24 May & has remained at that lower speed.

tijara33
Pro

I've just run the BT diagnostics again & the ip profile is showing that I have indeed been downgraded by Plusnet. Will someone please sort this out, otherwise, I will cancel my contract. I will call tech support tomorrow if this hasn't been picked up. Thank you.🤔

tijara33
Pro

Wow, straight through to tech support, now being investigated. 😀

tijara33
Pro

As advised, I switched off the modem & router overnight, please tell M in tech support because it has made no difference to my download speed.😥 Consequently I would still like this possible fault to be investigated. Thanks.

tijara33
Pro

Fix

I received an overnight email from tech support asking me to try & reset the router 1 more time before sending an engineer & voila as if by magic my speeds are back to where they should be. Thanks for the support PN.😃