Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my profile limiting my speed?

santi
Rising Star

Is my profile limiting my speed?

Hi there,

Wanted some expertise. Recently my download speed has gradually slowed down from 70 meg down to a constant 46meg or so. Just above my BT estimates.

I am just wondering as I've had a fault ticked opened prior for a previous fault, when they did the line test, my profile is:

Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission High

With my downstream sync speed being just below this:
Downstream Speed 48.9 Mbps

Just wondering if that upper limit of 49M is playing a factor here? Previously the upper limit was 80M

Fault ticket did respond and state that they will get the banding removed, but it doesn't look like they came through with this request.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Is my profile limiting my speed?

@santi 

How long ago did they say they were removing the banding?

Have you restarted your router since they said they were removing the banding?

santi
Rising Star

Indeed! Support staff told me a week or so ago that they were going to request the banding to be removed, and it could take 2 days. A few days after this I restarted my router, but nothing had changed seemingly. Asked for an update on the request, and got a response today which seems to be a generic I'm within my limits so nothing to be done here. Didn't really acknowledge or respond to if the banding request had gone through.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

the raise another note on your call asking if the banding has been removed and if not why not. mention you are making a formal complaint, that often gets there attention.

Part of the issue is due to the current lockdown and  availability of resources at the moment.

santi
Rising Star

Done just that. But I've always had better luck with these specific kind of issues with forum staff, as they seem to encounter these issues more frequently on the forums