Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my line okay?

Amos91
Dabbler

Is my line okay?

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone from Plusnet could kindly look at my line / router stats.

Since the fibre switch, I've noticed a few disconnects / resets & the up time often indicates further disconnections.

When it first went live the line synced at 39mb, but when the router restarts the resulting sync has been as low as 20mb.

The Hub is currently in the master socket shared with a single phone via the filter.

If someone could advise that would be great.

Thanks,
Oliver

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Is my line okay?

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any obvious cause but if the issue continues I'd recommend raising a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Is your hub a Plusnet Hub One?

If so, do you carry out any backups/uploads to the cloud?

If so, it's currently a known issue and PN are working on it.

(I believe some users have gone in to the settings of the app (google drive for example) and tweaked the upload speed down)

Amos91
Dabbler

Yes it is, the phones will auto backup pictures to drive but normally only when on charge (so bed time).  There have been a few disconnects throughout the day, one just as a laptop resumed from sleep, not sure if that coincidence though.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

As a temporary measure, is it possible to stop uploading, just to see if the disconnections stop?

Possibly back them up on a local storage device?

Or if possible, reduce the speed they upload via the settings on the app on each phone?

I'm not sure about the laptop, unless this too started to backup to the cloud too?

From reading on these forums, I do believe that the hub is trying to upload stuff faster than the 2Mbps cap PN have applied to their 40/2 fibre, hence the connection overloads and gives up!!!

It would be interesting to read about or hear from users on either the older 40/20 or even the 80/40, to see if they too have a disconnection during uploading.

If I am correct, then either PN will need to uncap the upload or re-write a custom firmware for the hubs on a 40/2 connection.