cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my download speed limited to 3MB/s?

Astralogic

Is my download speed limited to 3MB/s?

Hi, so my Asus DSLN66U is now working flawlessly, but I have noticed my download speed caps out at 3 megabytes per second. Since my speed was slightly faster before switching modems I can only assume it is related to my Asus modem.
Has anyone else had this problem?
jim:green title corrected with the right units mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Is my download speed limited to 3mb/s?

What's your IP Profile?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Is my download speed limited to 3MB/s?

Can you post any DSL connection details from the ASUS?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just running a quick line test from here too so we can see if there's anything immediately obvious
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is currently connected at 26Mbps, so getting a throughput of around 3MBps (24Mbps ish) would be roughly what I'd expect. However the sync is below where I'd expect your line to be based on the estimates, can you try switching back to the Openreach modem and see if the speed improves again.
Downstream Speed 26.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.3 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-19M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Astralogic

OK I've switched back Openreach modem and plusnets router. I won't switch them back until I've heard from you. (My upload speed seems to be halved with this Openreach modem).
Astralogic

Hi Chris, did you run the line test?