Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Profile correct? Download Speed Won't go above 52mbs

Stronghold
Dabbler

Is my Profile correct? Download Speed Won't go above 52mbs

Hi all

Been a long time customer but I have noticed since last month my download speed has dropped to 52mbs.

BT guarantees 60mbs for my address (with Infinity) and my neighbour is getting 72mbs (with BT).

On my account information is says my Current product is:38Mb - 40Mb Plusnet Unlimited Fibre.

But I am paying for Unlimited Fibre Extra....

Seems odd that my speed has dropped down to the bare minimum that BT offer in my area.

Something is not right Sad

My first year with plus net I was getting 79mbs constant, since then I have lost 27mbs over the 2 years.

Is this a sign that I need to switch? or is my profile wrong somewhere along the line.

I know plus net can't raise a fault unless the speed drops below 40mbs but I really feel something is wrong Sad

Either way if things keep going the way they are I will be below 40 this time next year Wink

Any help would be appreciated.

Run wholesale tests and they came back with a ip profile of 58/20 I'm getting 52/15.

Cheers

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Stronghold
Dabbler

Re: Is my Profile correct? Download Speed Won't go above 52mbs

Ops wrong section please move me!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Is my Profile correct? Download Speed Won't go above 52mbs

It does look like your sync speed is a little lower than the bottom of the estimates for your line.

I see you've raised this with our faults team, so they'll be in touch with an update for you once they've been able to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet