Is it time to move on?

SUPRAASH
Grafter

Re: Is it time to move on?

ignore that last post i just tried again and got 40mbps so its not that

SUPRAASH
Grafter

im going to try disabling 5g and removing all devices and strat fresh will see how it goes but noticed i have alot of devices on,

kids have been adding all their friends mobiles to my internet

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the detail.

While I've been thinking about and typing a post, I get a notification of another reply through and upon reading it I realise that I have to start again and rethink what I'm going to say Cheesy

While your kids away if you have time once you've removed all their devices it may be worth switching WiFi off on the router, plug your laptop into the router using an ethernet cable if you haven't already, close any background programs and see how it goes when you stream a 1080p show/movie. 

As always let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SUPRAASH
Grafter

as soon as kids jump on the wifi my internet screws up.

doesnt seem very stable at all and shouldnt be like this.

ive never had issues with previous providers in other houses ive lived in but since i moved in this property and joined plusnet ive had these issues.

deep down i believe it to be a wiring problem with the line

bt are always out messing in the boxes in our area in the past and i believe its something wrong with the line.

SUPRAASH
Grafter

after searching around i find alot of posts about this with plusnet and no fix

im loyal and would rather stay than join another isp thats why i have put up with it for so long but surely there is a fix

are plusnet traffic managing my account or throttling me somehow.

SUPRAASH
Grafter

im now trying it through 5ghz channel instead

SUPRAASH
Grafter

now working fine, i dont get it

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

As it worked fine around 8pm, see if it works again at the same time tonight (as in 8pm)

If it's only getting better from 8pm onwards, then we'd need to start looking at why.

SUPRAASH
Grafter

Hmmm now you have me thinking.
It seems fine in the day time during the week but starts playing up during peak times and weekends
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Without it consuming family life, I'd personally get a notepad and pen and make notes as to when it's good and bad.

I'd suggest doing this for around a week, to get an idea, then check back on the times it was good and the times it was not so good. Make a note of how many devices are on your router too and see if they (like it looks like) they make the issue worse.

You could also try maxing out the connection (as I did) with (in our case) 1 x gaming (with Discord running), 1 x Netflix, 1x catchup TV and 1x (me) doing the testing - ie BTw speedtest and traceroutes etc.

Regarding traceroutes, try on the same device and then if you have access to another laptop/PC try a traceroute on that device only (so no content on the latter) and see if the results are similar between devices.

We really struggled with the above until an issue in a PN data centre was found and fixed before we could fully use the connection without seeing what you are now seeing. I'm not saying this is another data centre issue, but the thought is crossing my mind as others out there are reporting similar issues.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@SUPRAASH, are you seeing the issues when your laptop is plugged into your router using an ethernet cable? We also don't have any traffic prioritisation for unlimited residential packages and haven't had since around June 2017.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SUPRAASH
Grafter

still having random isues 

and also plusnet restricted me completely a few days ago due to late payment 

even tho when i took my new contract out with them i said during the fone call the date has to be changed to the 12th if they want me to stay and they agreed.

still no date changed due to an error their end .....

but they have the cheek to restrict me, i had to speak to a manager to get unrestricted

and ive received an email now saying they will restrict me again

this is beyond a joke

and im so close to leaving now. this date needs to be changed or ill be going elsewhere 

im sick of being treated like an ass by customer service for late payment when im not late you guys are trying to take it 2 weeks early

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @SUPRAASH,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your connection and for the experiencing you had when taking an account with us.

We are not seeing any congestion at the exchange and the speed is looking spot on from our side. We really need to distinguish if the issue occurs solely on wireless or both. Can you advise if you are seeing the same issue with you device is connected to the router via Ethernet.

In regards to changing the bill date this is not something we can do via this platform I am afraid and can only be done by yourself on the member centre or by phoning our support team.

If there is an outstanding balance on the account then the date can only be changed once this is brought up to date. 

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SUPRAASH
Grafter

thanks for the reply

with the date change ive been trying to do it from day 1.

and the people on the fone say there is an issue and it wont let them change it and it has been under investigation to change it.

this has been since i rejoined and no help at all still no date change.

am i in my rights to cancel and go elsewhere because i said to them i want the date changed for me to stay and still not done

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @SUPRAASH

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to amend your billing date. I'm afraid this wouldn't be grounds for canceling without early termination fees.

Please find below some reasons as to why you may be unable to change your billing date: 

• Failed payment restrictions have been applied to their account
  • The account has an outstanding unpaid balance or if their dues have been passed onto our debt recovery provider
  • There is a pending product change or house move
  • They request to change their billing date on the same day as their existing billing date
  • The customer has a pending cease request
  • The customer no longer has any active services
  • They have placed a previous successful date change request within the previous 4 calendar months
  • They have not yet paid their first cyclical bill
  • The customer's bill date is in the next 7 days

If your account doesn't fall into any of these categories please feel free to contact our Customer support on the details below:

Customer support

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)

7.30am - 10pm, every day

Kind Regards