cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible another ISP will have better control of BTO?

tonycollinet
Grafter

Is it possible another ISP will have better control of BTO?

So far I've had 7 (Yes, SEVEN) appointments to install fibre, and still not there.
The first three failed due to incomplete cabinet installation. Then I've had FOUR consecutive no shows, with not even the courtesy of a call to tell me they are not coming (except the first of these where Adam W was able to tell me BTO had cancelled the appointment - but that was only an hour or so before the end of the slot)
I've now been informed that in spite of this abysmal performance, BTO are not able to take any measures to improve my chances of the next appointment not being a no show, nor are there any weekend appointments available.
What is the consensus? Despite the legal obligations, is it possible that BT retail will have better control over the BTO appointment system than I seem to be getting here?
11 REPLIES 11
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Is it possible another ISP will have better control of BTO?

Wow that's terrible service by BTO.
Plusnet really need to be much firmer on BTO and penalize them heavily of that level of service and raise a complaint at a high seniority level. That level of service is completely unacceptable and BTO need to be held accountable.
I would suspect that Plusnet being a subsiduary of BT may be going easy on them and as such as not acting in the best interest of the customers. Perhaps other ISP's who have no link to BT may take a firmer stance.
Personally after that farse I would insist upon the next appointment being guaranteed, with the engineer calling you the day before to confirm they will be coming, arranged at a date that suits you (incl. weekends) and is at the soonest time convenient to you. regardless of whether that is normally done, given these exceptional circumstances.
Can you do this PN?
tonycollinet
Grafter

No, they can't which is why I need to consider my options.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would PN or any other vendor get a SLA from BTO when they have the monopoly! That's just wishful thinking and if there is one, which I doubt, then its conditions must be enforced.
Edit - Corrected typo.
x47c
Grafter

Sadly it will not improve until someone on a very high salary sends the ISP/BTO the bill for his time taken off to be in for the non attendance(s).
The snag is these sort of people will be paying a high price for a business grade line with priority on faults/appointments (SLA's) and BT/the ISP in question will know exactly what will happen if they fail to turn up.  So of course they do that job and bounce the general public's like the OP's appointment(s).
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Quote from: Mathias
Personally after that farse I would insist upon the next appointment being guaranteed, with the engineer calling you the day before to confirm they will be coming, arranged at a date that suits you (incl. weekends) and is at the soonest time convenient to you. regardless of whether that is normally done, given these exceptional circumstances.
Can you do this PN?

Unfortunately we can't do this as engineers are only assigned in the mornings prior to a slot. They only find out at this point where and whom they are due to visit.
@tonyAtplus     _Adam_Walker_ is still looking into this for you. I've just had a word with him to make him aware of this thread.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's about time someone took Plusnet to the small claims court to get the full compensation to which they are entitled: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
It wouldn't take many times to put a backbone in to the spineless PN senior management and get something done about the disgrace that is OpenReach.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if the OP's seen your 'The BT Engineer Cometh' link, maybe he could so a sequel.  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ tonyAtplus,
Cheers for your time on the phone and glad we could come to an agreement on this.
As promised I'll be in touch ASAP with the next due date for the order and will keep updating 90234677.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mathias
Grafter

@ tonyAtplus
For transparency reasons would you be able to disclose what arrangement you have come to with PN regarding this issue? Would be interesting for others in similar situations.
tonycollinet
Grafter

I'm gonna hold fire until there is a successful resolution - and then only if Adam agrees. It won't help anyone if I raise expectations that plusnet (for whatever reason) might not be able to repeat.
In the meantime, I'm going to give a tentative nudge to this thread....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132736.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot Tony! Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team