cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or the new Hub One router at fault?

FIXED
OxfordRob
Fixes: 1

Is it me or the new Hub One router at fault?

So after being with Plus Net for years we negotiated upping to Fibre extra and as part of that got a new Router Hub One sent out. The first annoying thing was that despite checking it with them twice it still got delivered to the wrong address but I can live with that.

From all the preamble and documents it should have been a straight swap out. I turned off the older 2704n router and plugged all the cables in the right areas at the back of the new Hub One. 

Waited five minutes and it came up blue on the Hub and supposidly all connected but my pc was not connecting to any Interenet or getting an ip address. I was able to connect to the admin page of the router and it said that the internet was working. Weirdly it allowed me to get to the plus net website but nothing else. 

I then tried connecting to it from my iphone. The SSID showed up and I entered the details from the card at the back of the hub. It connected in but immediatly from the WIFI section of the iphone jumped to the Router admin page asking for that password. It would again not let me browse. 

I tried resetting the router. Turned off firewall and defender on my pc. Did an IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS. Nothing worked. 

In the end I turned it off and plugged back the old router and thankfully everything just sprang back into life.

So is it me or does it sound like I have a duff Router Hub One? I am fairly clued up with what I am doing.

I thought I would ask here before moaning to Plus Net directly on it.

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Is it me or the new Hub One router at fault?

Hi @OxfordRob

Thanks for getting in touch.

Firstly, I'm sorry to read about the issues with getting the router delivered to the correct address. I'm sorry this happened and I'm glad that you now have a Hub One safe and sound.

Secondly, what you're describing sounds like an 'authentication issue' with the router. When you log into the router's IP address, could you confirm whether 'Setup@plusdsl.net' is showing as the Broadband Username under the 'Home' screen?

Thanks,

Dave

OxfordRob

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your response. I am currently unable to check that for a few days now so will check it as soon as possible and reply back. At the moment the older plusnet router is still going so it is not urgent but will need a solution eventually Smiley

Thanks Rob.

OxfordRob

Fix

So I fixed the problem in the end by holding down the reset button with a paper clip and then doing the setup again. This is now working however the weird thing is if you change the SSID and password it reckons on my iphone that the connection is unsecure. If I change just the SSID it is fine. At the end of the day it is going so I am happy Smiley