cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is broadband password the same as my website password?

greenwich

Is broadband password the same as my website password?

I'm thinking of getting my own router to replace the Technicolour one Plusnet gave me. I know my broadband username in the Technicolour router is username@plusdsl.net so I'll be able to put that into the new router I buy. But what about the password? I don't know what password my router uses to connect to Plusnet but I know my password for the Member Centre on the Plusnet website. Are they one and the same thing?
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Is broadband password the same as my website password?

Errrm, that will depend on what you set it to Shocked
But if it does not work, then it seems you can reset it in the Member Centre.
greenwich

Quote from: greenwich
I'm thinking of getting my own router to replace the Technicolour one Plusnet gave me. I know my broadband username in the Technicolour router is username@plusdsl.net so I'll be able to put that into the new router I buy. But what about the password? I don't know what password my router uses to connect to Plusnet but I know my password for the Member Centre on the Plusnet website. Are they one and the same thing?
Jess says: "Your Broadband password is the same as your Account password."
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

if you didn't change the password then the default is the serial number of the router you got,  you can find it on the bottom of the router under the first barcode it will say "serial number and password" and be a combination of letters and numbers and is case sensitive
greenwich

Ah, no, I didn't mean the wifi password. I meant the password the router uses to connect to Plusnet. Jess says that's the same as my Plusnet website password.
mav:quote
John_Essex
Grafter

The information on the router will be the wireless password and the admin password to access it.
To connect to the internet you need your PlusNet user name @plusdsl.net and your password that you use for access to the member centre.
greenwich

Thanks, folks. I should have asked Jess first before posting here. She came up with the answer!