cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a DLM reset performed after switch? Is our line banded?

dfects
Grafter

Is a DLM reset performed after switch? Is our line banded?

I recently switched over from BT to PlusNet now that I'm out of contract and the silly 2 megabit upload cap has gone away. On BT, my line was banded from after the first few days. Not sure if it was because I was one of the first on my cabinet to take advantage of fibre but the speeds went from 40 mbps sync to eventually 27.4 mbps, where it stayed for 3-4 years.

Now I've switched, I was in a rush and didn't disconnect the home hub 6 I have and just logged in with my plusnet deets. Its synced at 25.64 mbps which i'm actually super fine with, as whatever profile I'm on is actually faster than when I was capped.

It's been synced and stable for 4-5 days now, which is interesting as I thought in the training period after a DLM reset it was common to see it disconnect a few times?

Does me syncing at 25.64 mbps indicate I'm now on an open profile without banding finally?

Either way, happy so far, more just curious Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Is a DLM reset performed after switch? Is our line banded?

Thanks for getting in touch @dfects.

Glad to hear your experience since swapping has been a good one.

With regards to DLM and disconnections generally speaking your line will only disconnect if there are major issues.

From what I can see your profile is "0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off" and as adding interleaving isn't a major issue it's likely this won't have caused a drop

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dfects
Grafter

Re: Is a DLM reset performed after switch? Is our line banded?

Cool, hopefully it stays stable enough to not require banding us again. I used to have ADSL with you guys, and tbh the main reason I wanted to come back is thanks to the helpful staff members on the forum like yourself. The price reduction from £53 to £24 a month helps too Cool

Thanks for your help Smiley