cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Noise Margin manual override possible?

FIXED
markr77
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Is Noise Margin manual override possible?

To be honest there aren't that many FTTC broadband providers, and they would all have cooling off periods, so I'll just switch through them and monitor the line.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Thanks for the extra detail, @RealAleMadrid - you have confirmed my limited understanding of FTTC.

The OR guy was either confused or intentionally unhelpful - he should know the difference in the technology - and he should know only LLU ADSL equipment in exchanges is off-limits to BTOR.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@markr77 wrote:
To be honest there aren't that many FTTC broadband providers, and they would all have cooling off periods, so I'll just switch through them and monitor the line.

That will get you nowhere - FTTC is not LLU, all the gear is BT owned unless you have an independent cable provider who has installed their own network.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@markr77 I don't think changing provider will help and there must be dozens of them to choose from. Are you actually reading any of the replies on this thread? All FTTC suppliers use the same equipment so any fault you have now will still be there .

You need a good experienced OR engineer to check the line, the problem is getting one who is competent. Tell Plusnet that the fault is not fixed and further investigation is required.

markr77
Grafter

I asked Plusnet for a senior engineer but the same one turned up. Plusnet told me engineer choice is down to OR. Thanks for the advice anyway.
markr77
Grafter

Fix
Just to close off on this, it appears the original Engineer has in fact solved the issue, as the line has been up over 4 days now at reasonable speed.