cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone and Ipad lost wifi

elkieluca
Grafter

Iphone and Ipad lost wifi

Hi I cant get my ipad or iphone to connect to my router even though its never been a problem.  They both suddenly stopped working.  There is no problem with my smart tv connecting or my pc. 

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Iphone and Ipad lost wifi

Not a lot to go on there, but to try and help, can you post a screen grab of your iPad 'Settings' screen - don't forget  to blank out your 'user name' - top left. There is usually a way round these things, but it can be a bit trial and error.

John
dablondi
Dabbler

When you say 

@elkieluca wrote:

Hi I cant get my ipad or iphone to connect to my router

What error or response are you getting?

- Your device can't find your Wi-Fi network or SSID?

- Your device finds the network but can't connect - connection problem?

- Your device finds and attempts authentication but fails to connect to the network - authentication problem?

Are you using a dual Wi-Fi band router (5/2.4GHZ)? Is your device set up to connect to both 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi Fi bands?

If you are only set up to use 5GHz on your device there is a current know issue that might be the problem. Check out the details on this post here 

jab1
Legend

@elkieluca Another thought struck me last night. Try totally powering down the devices, wait a couple of minutes and then restart them. I know it sounds strange and it may not work, but it has worked to resolve a similar situation for me and others I know.

John
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you jab1.
I went for the simpler option of powering them down then on and I’m happy to say it worked!  
I appreciate all the answers I get and I hate to use this as an excuse but I’m 79 and a widow so I’m on my own when things go wrong and don’t understand the more complicated answers I get so this was great and thanks again.  

jab1
Legend

Always glad to help where I can, @elkieluca . Apple devices do have some strange quirks, but there is usually a simple solution.😉

John