Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip profile limited

Richie81
Dabbler

Ip profile limited

Hello,

I've got a call raised at the moment for my broadband not reaching the speed I'm paying for.
I've been told I should get a minimum of 40Mbps, however, my Current Line Speed (Download) is 29.6Mbps.
We've reached the point where the call has requested an engineer, however, I'm convinced that the problem is with the ip profile not being increased. I had numerous electric works last year and I think this might have flagged as a problem with my line (with the router being on and off) and this has never been rectified.
Please would someone be able to take a look?

Thank you,
3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Ip profile limited

Hi @Richie81,

I'm sorry that your speed is below the estimates for the line and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested the line and can see it's banded to 32.4mbps, however it is also showing that there is a fault on the line. We would need to resolve the fault first and then reset the SNR if it doesn't automatically go back to where it should be. Unfortunately, the test has been unable to determine whether the fault lies internal or external to your property, so an engineer visit will need to be arranged so that this may be investigated further.

EA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1624
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 31.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 625.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-32.4M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-08-15T07:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 32.3 Mbps 32.3 Mbps 32.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 820.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-08-28T06:19:32Z 2019-08-28T06:34:32Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Richie81
Dabbler

Hi Emily,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm just a little bit concerned that if the engineer finds no fault then I will be charged £65.
Is this the case?
Thank you,
Richard
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Richie81

You would only be charged if the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team