cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip profile drop

owz206
Dabbler

Ip profile drop

Hi there, I've had fibre for three weeks with an IP profile of 77Mb, with download speeds of around 70-75. The power went off in my property today and now my IP profile is 59Mb with download speeds of between 50-55. Will the IP profile raise back on its own, or will it need resetting Plusnets end. Any advice appreciated. Smiley
17 REPLIES 17
Westkent

Re: Ip profile drop

I had exactly the problem but while on adsl with orange broadband.
They sent out an engineer cos of my reduced speed .
Engineer diagnosed a problem with the ip profil , he needed to call to get it phi physically reset .
Can't remember if he called orange or openreach.
robvrs

I'm also suffering with an ip profile drop.
Have been a customer for a month and my ip profile was 76mb but has dropped to 49mb, I had BT infinity for 2 years previously and the ip profile never budged once from 76mb.
A line check shows I should expect a minimum of 54mbps downstream.
Will it come back on its own or does it need intervention from support?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we cannot reset profiles on Fibre lines, there is no tool to do this.
If the line is stable, without errors then you may find that the speed increases again in time. However if it doesn't it may need looking in to as a fault if the speed is below the estimate for your line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
owz206
Dabbler

Hi Chris, my speed is still above the estimate you gave me  on ordering, but it's quite a significant drop from  73Mb to  55Mb in a short space of time, your initial estimate was the bottom end of the bt wholesale speed estimate, when quite clearly, my line can handle far higher speeds.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

They will just blame it on fibre take up in your area that's what they did with me. my speeds went from 75Mbps to 64Mbps and when i complained that's what they blamed the drop in speeds. and as long as your within BT's estimated speed range your screwed.
owz206
Dabbler

As an update, I'm now struggling to get much over 35Mb, nearly half my speed decreased in a month, surely that can't be crosstalk affecting that much.
owz206
Dabbler

bustermissy1961
Grafter

Plusnet will say to you IF your speeds fall into the acceptable range of speeds that you can get say 30Mbps-70Mbps they wont do a damn thing.
owz206
Dabbler

As you can see,  mine is falling below the acceptable range.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

That is bad mind.
owz206
Dabbler

Another poor showing tonight. What are my options on terminating my contract if things don't improve.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@owz206
Have you logged a fault?  Posts to the forum are not official fault reports and nothing will happen until you do so.
Plusnet staffer Chris has made that clear on several other people's problem threads.
If the fault has not been logged, then you will need to follow the Plusnet instructions from this topic https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132989.0.html
You really need to look at this forum as just a place to ask other customers if they have any ideas before you log a fault. Or to make public your fault so that other can see if they have the same symptoms and what you did to get it fixed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
owz206
Dabbler

A fault  has been logged already
owz206
Dabbler

The faults team have informed me that they have found an issue,  a hot VP,  which apparently  means congestion on my exchange and that BT are aware of the issue,  but it won't be repaired for at least a fortnight,  maybe longer.  I personally find that unacceptable, I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving,  is there scope to terminate my contract or at least have a discount until the repairs are carried out.