Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet up and down but good connection

FIXED
TeamGB
Dabbler

Re: Internet up and down but good connection

This sounds exactly like the issue I’ve been having since I joined Plusnet in August. I was told for weeks that there was nothing they can do. Until they admitted there was an issue with the router firmware and networks routing.

If it is the same issue the hub one will make no difference as they need to change the routing firmware. They have made some individual changes to mine which has helped but has completely fixed it. Now they are no longer willing to look in to it.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Ok...  since you ran that line test for me, there were no further problems!  However, the new replacement turned up, and we installed it this weekend.  Again, no problems.   I do wonder whether Openreach noticed someone was testing the connection and thought "uh-oh we'd better fix this before Plusnet get on to us" lol Smiley    Ok so I now have the old Openreach modem and old Plusnet router.  What should I do with them?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @IngeJones

I'm pleased to hear that this is now sorted.

In terms of the old router, you can either keep them as a spare, recycle them through a local scheme or send them to the address detailed here.

Best wishes

Dave