cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet through the night

wildthing666
Grafter

Internet through the night

Last night I was watching netflix when the connection dropped. going to settings and WI-FI on the KINDLE it said I was connected but I obviously wasn't. Fast forward to this morning BLUE LIGHT on router but no connection, after a lot of fiddling I get the thing to go through an initial set up, like when I first joined a couple of months ago. Has anybody got any idea what caused this because I am stumped. Everything was saying I was connected but nothing would connect, it's sorted now as the initial set up that started without me pressing a thing  cured it. The strangest thing was that my login details had to be put in but were constantly rejected as not correct.

Things that happened

1. ADMIN password rejected
  2. WIRELESS KEY rejected
  3. PN forum detail rejected

All sorted now but it may help others if people could post ideas as to the cause and possible solutions.

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

Re: Internet through the night

There could of been a fault with the broadband/fiber on the line some where that got resolved by the morning.

Or there was a problem with your router that resolved its self when it was reset.

These are just my thoughts on the matter though, could of been something else. I remember when i was with sky my laptop would some how disconnect its self, i would have to disconnect from the router then reconnect... could it of been something similar?

as for loging into the router it's self, i have no idea.

wildthing666
Grafter

The thing was that the light never went out on the router and was restarted several times I was almost to the point of factory reset on the router when I got the connection back

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you by any chance on the Bromsgrove exchange? BT had maintenance work scheduled there between midnight and 6am this morning.

David
wildthing666
Grafter

Nowhere near Bromsgrove I'm in York and the exchange is just down the road from me