cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet suddenly no longer working?

ryanh2112

Internet suddenly no longer working?

Recently joined plusnet and haven't had any issues, few hours ago I suddenly have no internet I have a solid orange light and flashing red broadband light at the moment but it does occasionally change to orange flashing light also. I have followed the 'fix' guide but it didn't make a difference, I have tried leaving the router off for 30 minutes but still have no Internet. Any help would be appreciated thankyou Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Internet suddenly no longer working?

Welcome to the forums,

The first thing to do is remove any other things that are attached to your line. So of course landline phones, extentions or anything else. They may have gone faulty affecting your line. So rule that out.

Then try the router in the test socket. Just means unscrewing the master socket.

See if it makes any difference. Also, do you notice any noise on your landline? A 17070 option 2 quiet line test will tell you.

If you notice any noise, you will need to raise a fault with your phone provider. If you don't, then you will have to raise a fault with PlusNet.

ryanh2112

The router is the only thing plugged into any socket in the house (I have no landline etc)
Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @ryanh2112 

It could be the router has died - or there is a fault on your line.

A new router may fix it, just check if you notice anything wrong on the landline. Including the 17070 quiet line test and the whole point of it being you hear no noise. It has happened to me once (lots of noise) and that is what I did and had to report it to BT.

EDIT: If you don't have a landline try and buy a chepo landline phone you can to perform that test.

ryanh2112

I've only had the router about a month and it hasn't been touched since it was set up, surely it can't be broken? And like I said I do not have a landline in the house so I can not check any noise on there.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If you haven't got a landline you will have no broadband, I assume you mean you haven't got a landline phone, it is a useful thing to have just to check if your phone line is working because if it isn't your broadband may fail.. I am of a certain advanced age and use the phone line to make and receive phone calls, this seems to be a rare thing for younger generations.😃

Alex
Community Veteran

Yep that's what I mean .. I would go somewhere (like your local Argos for example) and I think you can pick one up for £8.

You need to rule out a landline problem if you don't have one first.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ryanh2112, I'm sorry for the issues.

It looks like your connection returned later in the evening; testing the line hasn't highlighted anything that may have caused this.

If you do have any further issues, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team