cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed is rubbish and my contract end date is wrong

mtizzle
Dabbler

Re: Internet speed is rubbish and my contract end date is wrong

I was told by both a BT engineer and Plusnet support that my fault had been fixed but it clearly hasn't. Who is @BD?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

He's the Plusnet staffer who told you to come back to him and he would chase it for you if it wasn't fixed by this morning. See the link in my previous post.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mtizzle
Dabbler

Cancel broadband

Can I cancel my broaband with Plusnet? They have failed to fix the incredibly slow connection I have been getting and just blame BT. I wish to cancel without paying any outstanding money to cover until the end of the contract. I feel Plusnet are not providing any kind of usable service and consistenly fail or even seem to care about the issue and just fob it off to BT. If they can't provide a decent broadband service then they shouldn't even be in business as far as I'm concerened. They can't just blame others if it's Plusnet who I'm paying the money to every month. Absolute shocking service from them.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Cancel broadband

Did you ever follow up on this topic: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Internet-speed-is-rubbish-and-my-contract-end-date-is-... ?

Without a little more detail, and unless Plusnet have admitted there is nothing they can do, then, as I see it, the answer is no.

John
mtizzle
Dabbler

It’s now the 29/8/21 and the internet is no better. I will have to cancel and do not expect to pay until the end of the contract. Nothing has been down to fix the problem so obviously I cannot get ADSL broadband where I live. I’ll have no choice but to go to virgin media and I really didn’t wish to use them again but feel I have no choice as I need the internet to work from home and unable to reliably.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @mtizzle

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your services. Do you have any figures / speed tests that you could show up? Preferably over a wired connection. The reason I'm asking is because I've run some tests on your line this morning which aren't showing any issues at all.

I'd also have a disagree with you saying "nothing has been done to fix the problem". Ticket 217148008 and 217081243 are both open, and have been escalated to yourself for further comment after the phone fault was resolved on 21/08/2021.

Tests on my end (KBD) indicate that the line is operating within estimated speeds, 74.8 Mbps download and 20.0 Mbps upload. My radius also indicates that the line has been stable for 11 days.

Again, some sort of figures and / or speed test results would be handy, at the moment though, should you decide to cancel, termination charges would stand.

I think it's worth exploring the possibility of your issues being solely WIFI based. Please check our our articles on improving  your WIFI connection here:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

KBD
Circuit ID: N/A Service ID:  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 74.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised N
Estimated Line Length In Metres 380.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap  
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-08-18T22:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 74.8 Mbps 74.8 Mbps 74.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 898.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.9 Sec

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics from same poster on same subject merged to keep relevant info in one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'