cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet random disconnects

Jackb885

Internet random disconnects

Hello

So, to put it shortly, most days I game on my PC. I am using plusnet fibre wireless at the moment and the connection speed is okay.

The problem is that the router randomly disconnects the internet, I then have to go to hub manager and try to reconnect it. I believe the 'Red b' light comes up on the router when this happens. Its very frustrating disconnecting mid game and I need it to be fixed.

Thanks

Jack

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Internet random disconnects

Hi Jack.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for the drops, so can you try the steps here letting us know how it goes?

Could you also find out the firmware version of your router? It's shown at the bottom of the page once you're logged in. We may need to update it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jackb885

Hi

Thanks for the fast response. I have already had tests run on the test socket, as you will be able to see in my ticket/question history nothing came up. It is also currently plugged in to the test socket.

The firmware is here:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated Unknown

Cheers

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Jack.

Sorry I missed that ticket when reading through the notes on your account initially.

I'm aware that the firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 has stability issues when on a 3dB line profile, which you're on. I believe we plan to upgrade everyone still running this version, which is estimated to be next year. 

I've requested that we upgrade your router on an individual basis, unfortunately due to the festive season and holiday period it's unlikely to happen until the new year, but the request is in the queue for action and we'll update it as soon as we can.

Could you let us know how it goes by mid-January? 

If you still experience connection problems and newer firmware has been rolled out to you, we'd need to arrange an engineer for further investigation, though I'm reluctant to arrange an engineer before that as I suspect the issue lies with the firmware.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and the delay in trying to sort this out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like the update was pushed out a lot quicker than I expected.

Could you check the firmware version now and let us know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jackb885

Hi

Wow that was way quicker than expected. Yep, been updated :

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 | Last updated 18/12/18

Will post again if keep facing the same issue.

Cheers

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see that Jack. Thumbs_Up

Fingers crossed it helps improves things!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jackb885

Hello

This evening my broadband suddenly disconnected. The light has gone orange with red 'b' light. I have tried restarting it twice to no avail. When I press 'connect' on the hub manager site it does nothing. Could there be some sort of outage in the area?

Cheers

Jack

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @Jackb885

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having connection issues

From checking your account I can see you spoke with us last night regarding this and the issue is now resolved?

Let us know if you're still having problems

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team