cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

lorasnora

Internet keeps dropping

Hi there,

We recently switched to plusnet fibre just over a month ago. Everything was fine to start with but in the last couple of weeks the internet keeps dropping out. The devices we’re using still say they are connected to the WiFi, but there is no connection/no internet. We have to turn off WiFi and back on again either on the device or the router and then it works for a few minutes/hours and the same thing happens again.

This gets quite frustrating when trying to do things that need a stable connection! Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Hi @lorasnora, welcome to our Community Forums and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. 
Looking over your connection from this side I can confirm we've only seen 2 drops in connection in the last 5/6 days however when testing your line we're detecting an underlying fault that very well could be behind the recent issues you've had as of recent.

I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the estimated response time of 03/05/21 by 17:00. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 04/06/21 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Saturday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you

The fault ticket I've raised on your account can be seen here.

lorasnora

Re: Internet keeps dropping

That’s great, thank you for a speedy response. I’ll keep an eye out for any messages.