cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

Dowsonk

Internet keeps dropping

My internet keeps dropping every 5 minutes, usually comes back up in a few minutes, last time it was down for 10 minutes.  So far lost flights and a payment, not to mention all the time wasted getting back in.  Seems to be getting steadily worse.

Internet is also running slow, can't stream anything anymore, every 10 seconds or so it stops.

Chat is shut now though I was trying before it was.

Why can't I email this issue!

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Thanks for getting in touch @Dowsonk I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. Firstly if you'd want to report a fault when we're not open, I'd recommend raising a fault ticket at http://faults.plus.net

I've however tested your line today and while I can see your connection is dropping out heavily, line tests aren't showing any causes for this. It looks like you're using a fairly old router (Technicolor TG582N) and an Openreach modem, so I'd suggest we try a different modem/router before potentially arranging an engineer to investigate further.

If you'd want a replacement from us as the equipment we've previously supplied you with is ancient and not under warranty anymore, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss getting a new modem/router as we may need to recontract you in order to send one out free of charge.

Alternatively if you'd like to buy your own third party router, the details Here should assist with setting it up.

Failing that, I'd head on over to the fault reporting link I've mentioned above to report a fault to us so we can arrange an engineer visit for further investigation.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet