Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

mattrob98
Hooked

Internet keeps dropping

Hi,

My internet keeps dropping out for roughly a minute every few hours. I've checked the router every time and it confirms that its disconnected from the broadband during this time. This has been happening for the last few days and is really annoying so would appreciate it getting fixed ASAP

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Hey @mattrob98,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Really sorry you've got these annoying drops in connection going on and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I've ran a couple of tests over the service today and can see there is a fault detected, however, we need to narrow down where in the connection this is. For testing purposes please can you through our troubleshooting guides here

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop.

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here  and let us know once this has been done?

Thanks.

mattrob98
Hooked

Hi, I've raised a fault now.

Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @mattrob98 I've added a reply to the fault ticket you've raised which you can view and respond to from Here. Feel free to drop us a message over here once you've responded with your availability for an engineer visit and we'll pick this back up as soon as we can to arrange the engineer to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattrob98
Hooked

Hi,

I've responded with my availability.

Thanks,

Matt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Matt,

I've booked the engineer appointment for 14/10/2019 between 8am and 1pm. 

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet