Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Internet keeps dropping.

If that's the case, the problem would appear to lie with the internal wiring of the property [or the faceplate], you can either leave it in the test socket or look to hire a qualified third party engineer to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheOnlyRyan

I am also experiencing massive amounts of drop outs, at least once a day it feels like. Both over wired and wireless connection.

When the internet goes out the red light on the router turns on and any attempt to load a webpage looks like this.

http://puu.sh/wShiT/3474ff2a7f.png

Can someone check on my connection history including those fancy pictures you have there and see if there is a fault with the line?

I've been putting off posting on the forum because I know how frustrating it can be to resolve issues like this with any service provider but the drops in internet have occurred during business skype calls and during live streaming causing a very large amount of frustration.  

Any pointers would be good. I am using the hub one with the microfilter provided and the master socket. 

nigel1971
Grafter

So a day and a half the connection has stablelized a bit and no drops for now, if the engineer comes tomorrow and now says nothing found, I'll have a 65 charge added and be fuming. They should have come out at the time of the fault not 6 days later.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@TheOnlyRyan Our tests are showing a few drops but not one ever day.

image15009847381294

If the drops continue I'd recommend raising a fault here

@nigel1971 I can see you've called in regarding the appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565
Moved:

picklepercy
Dabbler

The dropouts are back despite being plugged into the test socket. Noticed some yesterday and they are also happening this afternoon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'd recommend getting this reported to us at http://faults.plus.net

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
picklepercy
Dabbler

Reported it yesterday evening. Any idea when I might hear something back? It's been dropping out all of today and it's starting to become quite an issue as we both work from home.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It can take up to 72 hours for our faults team to pick up a ticket.

However, I've just worked the ticket now. Let us know once you've replied.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SEG
Dabbler

Piggy backing on this one (as annoying users do) as I'm also watching with interest

I've been noting this behaviour of a couple of months myself and do get intermittent but fairly regular drops when using the system. Not exactly heavy use at the time, one online game session and skype running...

Both will often drop for 15-30 seconds and then recover but that's usually enough to cause frustration and losses that rather upset the person using it at the time Wink

No filters, the phone line is never used (but sounded normal on test) 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@SEG I can see the connection is dropping but we can't see any causes for this.

If it continues we'd recommend raising a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gem53

Hi

I'm a new plusnet customer ...

I complained initially as my speeds were very poor sometimes as low as 10 meg even though I was signed up to fibre.

I managed to speak to an engineer who agreed there was a problem and launched a fault and an engineer would be in touch.

I received a text perhaps 2 days later stating that the fault had been fixed and there was no need for any further action.

However this week, the internet has dropped constantly especially between 5-9pm -my sister who lives around the corner is on EE and reported the same, my friend at the end of the street is with BT and she too says its been a nightmare.

So whats going on ppl tekky ppl ?

Thank you 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Gem53 and welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear you're having broadband issues. Having checked your connection and tested your line I can't see any issues at the moment given the graph and lack of drops below and the connection settings:

image1501498584368

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2017-07-31T11:30:34.267+01:00 2017-07-31T11:45:34.267+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Although checking the history on the line I can see there has been some issues:

Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 24.3 Mbps 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.1 Mbps 6.9 Mbps 2.6 Mbps
Up Time 77.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 897.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 6.0 0.0

I'd recommend then if you notice any further drops or change in performance to run through some checks you side to rule a few things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket and seeing if the drops and buffering stop. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If there's still an issue after these checks and in this set up then I'd recommend raising a fault here.

Kind regards,

Ben