cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping everyday?

locusedits
Hooked

Internet keeps dropping everyday?

Every time around midnight my fibre broadband just randomly decides to shut itself down for 1 minute and come back up. I know... 1 minute that isn't that bad, but I was in middle of uploading something really big and had to do it all over again. When it shutsdown I noticed the light turned orange and there was a red B symbol. This turns back to blue after a minute.

6 REPLIES 6
woldsend
Dabbler

Re: Internet keeps dropping everyday?

Don't expect any help from plusnet on this one, I've had the same problem for weeks, they told me unless the connection drops more than four times a day on a regular basis they consider this a stable connection.

I have been with plusnet since 2008 will be leaving at the end of current contract.

reply from support :-
"As per our conversation, your connection is stable with good speeds, you do get the occasional drop but this is perfectly normal, please get back to us if the connection starts dropping 4 or more times per day on a regular basis. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance."

Kind regards,

Kuz Shah

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

I understandand that the issue is that Openreach will not accept that one drop per day is a fault. Consequently whilst you may blame Plusnet, in truth there is probably nothing they can do to get it addressed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @locusedits

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tested the account that is linked to your IP address and can only see one drop in connection over the last 58 days.

With the drops being so uniform its unlikely that the issue you're experiencing is a line issue, especially when no drops are present on our side.

Do you have anything else attached to your phone line that might be sending information at around the times you've noted?  Has anything else changed since your original post a few weeks ago?

Thanks,

Dave

woldsend
Dabbler

That is because I changed my router for a Netgear D6400, no drops since.

Before the change it was dropping every day

bluewhale
Rising Star

@woldsend i guess you were using the hub one router then, in particular it's naff modem? i've gone back to using the open reach modem which fixed it for me too

so IMHO not an openreach issue at all...

woldsend
Dabbler

Yes I was.