cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet just stopped

Pippa1
Hooked

Internet just stopped

Please help! This is the first time I’ve experienced a problem and I’m in the middle of some important work! All was fine and about 8:30pm the internet just went and I’ve tried resetting the router and that’s not fixed it. In fact it took me to a page that says admin and I need to enter a hub password on the back of router which I’ve done to no avail. It says my username is setup@plusdsl.net and gives me no option to enter my actual username! I have no idea what to do. Please help!
13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Internet just stopped

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
On the broadband you should find the username. If it’s setup@pludsls.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
Remove the DSL cable.
Change the username to your account username in the form @plusdsl.net.
Enter your account password.
Plug the DSL cable back in.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Pippa1
Hooked

I get it the screen where it says settings and says the need to log into Hub manager by entering admin password. I have done this multiple times (not having removed the cable as you said though) and when I get through to try to change broadband username and password it says already connected and doesn’t give me any option to do so! And yes it is set to the setup@plusdsl.net.
It’s like it won’t give me an option to change that to my own plusnet username and password. I am baffled why this has happened.
AHWifi
Dabbler

Try going to settings> admin password> enter broadband username and password> if it doesn't let you, press disconnect and you should be able to enter in the details Smiley

Pippa1
Hooked

Now I’ve got on to the broadband section to enter my username and password but when I do it says ‘The broadband username that you’ve entered is either incorrect or not supported by your plusnet hub. Please check username and try again’
Well I have put in my plus net username and password and they are correct so I don’t get what is happening!
AHWifi
Dabbler

your username is "yourusername@plusdsl.net"

your password is your own account password

Pippa1
Hooked

Thanks for this; but when I enter them (it’s the username and password of my plusnet account right?!) it’s saying ‘The broadband username you’ve entered is either incorrect or is not supported by your plusnet Hub.’
It is the correct username as far as I am aware, it’s what I use on the phone to plusnet when I rang about billing a month or so ago. I’m not sure why it’s locking me out.
AHWifi
Dabbler

Is this the same username you use to log in online?

Also, ensure the username characters are all lowercase and have no capital letters.

Pippa1
Hooked

Thanks, I put in my username and the plusdsl.net bit afterwards this time and my password and then it says:
‘Internet
You’re already connected to the internet. No further set up is needed.’

But I’m clearly not as it’s not working still!
Pippa1
Hooked

Oh wait! It’s worked! My hero!! Thank you so much!!! You are a life saver! Can you spare a second to say what you think happened to cause that issue?
AHWifi
Dabbler

If it says "you're already connected" after entering your details,

try opening a new tab and it should be working now Smiley

This was same issue with my hub

AHWifi
Dabbler

Not sure what happened to be honest. This stuff usually happens when you change your password.

Maybe PN staff can shed light as to why this happened but I've had my fair share of fixing my own Plusnet equipment so happy to share here.

Hope I made your day lol Smiley

Pippa1
Hooked

Oh my goodness, I am so relieved! Was in the middle of some important work! Thank you!!
AHWifi
Dabbler

Hope you get all your important work done then Smiley

Also, mark this post as fixed just so everyone else knows Please Smiley

Cheers