Internet is dropping far too often

FIXED
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Internet is dropping far too often

Hi 

Re the bad link in this post;

It's obvious that the URL  given [  http://https/faults.plus.net  ]  is incorrectly formed:  you can't have http:https/ to begin a URL with random colons and forward slashes inserted .

[https://faults.plus.net ] is the correct link

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @runhare If you’re referring to the post #8 from what I can see the link is “https/faults.plus.net” but there definitely does look to be a typo there, as it should be “https://faults.plus.net”

Thanks for flagging. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

yes - That's what I mean-

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. I’ve raised this to the mods to see if we can correct the typo in the post. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiley180
Grafter
Fixes: 1

hi, still having drop outs and noise on the line. doesn't make sense if its internal and these issues have only happened since bt openreach did some work on the lines nearby.

but im being asked to pay £65 if they do not find anything .. absolutely ridiculous.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @smiley180 If your line is genuinely dropping out and noisy it’s unlikely we’d charge you a call out fee if an engineer finds no fault.

It’s more likely we’d simply arrange another engineer to investigate further if the problem still exists should the first engineer not find a fault. 

We robustly defend all engineer charges before accepting them and passing £65 onto yourself if absolutely valid within 90 days of a fault investigation closing. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiley180
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.

This is really an on going problem that relates to the first caused by Openreach.

The engineer reconnected to an older connection line not the one that it was connected to originally.

The problem reoccurred after recent heavy rain. and has been very bad over the last 2 days.

I have checked the extension, connections (even to the extent of rewiring!) etc.

Nothing has change inside the house. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @smiley180 

While I understand what you've said, I'm afraid that if a line test doesn't show a definitively external fault the only way we'd be able to report a fault to Openreach is by booking an engineer appointment with yourself.

I've tested your line today and the tests are now showing a fault with a lot of errors on the line, however as the fault location is showing as potentially internal, the supplier system won't allow us to proceed without booking a visit I'm afraid.

I've therefore booked the engineer visit for 02/01 between 1pm and 6pm.

I'll follow things up with you afterwards. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiley180
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for your help, advice.

As long as this problem can be sorted whether it's inside or out .. is all that matters.

Have a good New Year (and all) .

Best regards 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @smiley180 

No problem. Fingers crossed the engineer visit goes well and I hope you have a good New Year.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiley180
Grafter

no visit so far. still 30 minutes to go before 6pm I suppose.

line still noisy. internet still dropping.

the only thing to have changed are the messages to me from faults after i submitted the speed test. all earlier messages have disappeared.

if i don't come back later tonight take it as read that there was no visit today.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @smiley180 

I'm sorry to see an engineer hasn't arrived yet. Unfortunately this is because your line is registered at an incorrect address in the Openreach database, so the engineer had to pass the job back to us when they went out.

I've raised a request with Openreach to update the address records of your line and I should receive an update on the progress within the next 24 hours, it normally takes about 5 working days to complete an address correction request.

Once this has been sorted we can rebook the engineer to investigate the fault.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiley180
Grafter

This lack of action regarding the change of address by openreach was the reason why we did not have any telephone line or internet for 4 weeks .. the last time I raised the problems after openreach had cut us off.

It has been a considerable time since that previous issue and our line wasn't acted upon for the same reason you state now. There is absolutely no reason why it should not have been transferred by now.

I am fed up with this nonsense of line transfer and the inability to get a decent line connection as a result of openreach's incompetence.

There is absolutely no reason why an engineer cannot come out and look at the issue regardless of the line being transferred or not. The fault exists and the line exists. You and they know were I live. There is no excuse.

Get it Sorted!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @smiley180 

I'm sorry to see you feel that way. As per my response on your ticket at 11:35 this morning, your address has been updated in the supplier database and I've booked an engineer visit for tomorrow afternoon.

This isn't anything to do with a line transfer and furthermore there's no pending transfer on your line.

Unfortunately though the fault report with Openreach is still showing the incorrect address, I'm getting this looked into further and I'll post back when I know more. Thank you for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience @smiley180 

Upon investigation with our suppliers, while your address is correct on the phone line system I'm afraid it has not yet been updated on the broadband system. I've been advised to allow 1 working day for this to happen.

I'll check back on Monday. In the meantime, can you add a reply to your ticket with additional availability when you'll be free for another visit? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet