cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet has gone to pot again

steveuk
Grafter

Internet has gone to pot again

So my net has took a dive again and has slowly been getting worse for months on end after a nice long print at 43mbps.
So basically my net droped to 32mbps about 2 or 3 months ago after a good spell at 43mbps then a few days ago i decided to go with a static ip as i am running my own rust server and for no reason at all my net drops to 30mbps.
Today i noticed slow speed of 24mbps then i go out the house for 15 mins and when i get back my router is flashing a red DSL light only to come back on with speed slower than i had on ADSL2+ so now im stuck at 14mbps and this is not the first time this has happened but lastime i reported this you just brushed it off and said nothing is wrong.
Well these 3 speed tests say different and i want this looked into proper and fixed once and for all.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5091282296
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1455642324246494155
Before anyone asks yes i have checked and changed cables more than once to rule them out, i also changed my router back to the plusnet after i had this issue lastime, i also do not have extentions or anything like that and my modem and router basically sit on the master socket so i cant get any closer if i tried.
Funny thing about it all is lastime this happened i had a drop to the exact same profile of 14mbps and that seems rather odd don't you think? And no i have not reported a fault because lastime this happend you said nothing was wrong so why should i even bother making a report?
If you think its faulty equipment then as far as i can see your the ones who provided it so your the ones who should replace it.
Would also like to know when my contract is up as i think i will just move elsewere soon if this keeps happening.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Internet has gone to pot again

As you're connecting below the estimates for your line this really needs looking in to as a fault, can you report one at https://faults.plus.net
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 14.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.4 Mbps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
steveuk
Grafter

Thank you Chris i will report it but lastime this happened (was exactly the same situation) i was told twice no fault was found even though the BT test clearly shows my profile as 14mbps.
I really am starting to think something is very wrong with the cables outside or something is the green box is causing random issues like this.
steveuk
Grafter

Hi plusnet sorry to resurrect this but my net has gone funny again and done the same as lastime lol.

This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last 5 months or so that my speeds have just randomly droped to 14mbps but everytime i report a fault i am told nothing is wrong and my line is very stable.

To rule out any issues with my net gear router after the last problem i had i went back to using the plusnet router after reporting the fault and after a week of no reply my speed went back to ok speeds but not the best i believe my line can do.

So after all this i really do now believe there is an issue with this ECI modem and i also noticed a high pitched noise coming from the power plug and the reset button never seems to work 99% of the time and yes i do hold it in more than long enough.

I don't think its worth making a fault report again just to be told teh same thing for the 3rd or 4th time so can you please just send me one of them all in one units and i will agree to another contract provided you keep me on the same package i have now because i need my upload speed.

steveuk
Grafter

Anyone got any idea why my net keep droping to 14mbps at leats once a month for the last 4 months or so? starting to get right on my nerves now as no one seems to want to look into it on plunets end just get ignored for a week because they know speeds might just go back to normal but this does not fix the underlying issue.

I have chnaged routers more than once, i have changed lan cables and the RJ45 cable i have even moved the room around about 20 times to rules out any other cables interfering and also tried to keep plugs on diff sockets and i still haev this stupid issue of speeds droping to 14mbps.

Really do not know what else to try my end and everytime i mention the fact i think this moden has an issue no one seems to take note of it.