cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet either doesn’t connect or drops out

wonderfulquarry

Internet either doesn’t connect or drops out

My connection is proper getting on my nerves, if it connects at all it buffers or only connects for a minute. I can’t watch prime or Netflix, the only program options I have. Can someone please check what’s happening?
7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Internet either doesn’t connect or drops out

Hi @wonderfulquarry and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. Checking from this side we can see there's an external fault being detected which very well could explain the performance issues you've been seeing as of recent. I've raised this to our suppliers and we should have an update 72 hours from now. Keep in mind however we often see external faults like this resolved within that time frame. By all means though if you're still seeing issues by Sunday morning and haven't heard from our faults team then please drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up further for you.

wonderfulquarry

Wow! Excellent service, thank you.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

You're very welcome @wonderfulquarry. Again, let us know if issues persist once the 72 hours are up.

wonderfulquarry

Hi, still struggling, took 4 hours to watch a 45 min show yesterday (I'm stubborn) Please can you look into this further?
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello@wonderfulquarry,

I am sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing and for any inconvenience this is causing.

The next steps would be to arrange an engineer, please can you review the ticket here and get back to us once you have updated it with your availability.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
wonderfulquarry

I got the email however I haven't got the cost of the engineer - so I won't be moving forward with this for quite some time.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @wonderfulquarry 

No problem, I understand the concern. It's worth noting though if you've carried out the troubleshooting steps we've advised, nothing within your responsibility has damaged the Openreach equipment or wiring within the boundary of your property and you don't miss the appointment, the likelihood of a call out charge will be minimal.

Having said that, I've tested your line today and the tests are now showing your router getting a line speed of 55mbps with no drops over the past 11 days. I think the fault report Ben raised on the 6th was more that the test failed to run as opposed to an actual external fault being detected. 

To try to get to the bottom of the issues you're experiencing, could you confirm if your devices are connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps Here.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, do you notice the light on the front change colour when the connection drops for you as this would be a good indication as to whether the line is dropping or it's something between the router and your devices such as a wireless connection or possibly powerline adapters.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet