cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops out in the early hours of the morning.. Please don't delete - this isn't spam,

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Internet drops out in the early hours of the morning.. Please don't delete - this isn't spam,

Yesterday evening around 9pm, i received a disconnect.. the router wouldn't reconnect for about 10-15 minutes. 

Do you remember what the hubs lights were doing at the time?

If it stayed blue, it could be a wifi glitch.

Rang PN and they said there's no fault in the area and couldn't tell me why it disconnected either

Hmm. If the connection dropped, then they should have seen this.

I have swapped the router our for a TP LInk VDSL router and will monitor the connection

Seems like a good plan. Other customers also move away from the ISP issued routers. Some then no longer have connection drop outs....Huh .... swapping for a quality router perhaps....?Lips_are_sealed

You should give the TPL a go, if it drops on that then there's got to be an issue.

js2018
Grafter

Re: Internet drops out in the early hours of the morning.. Please don't delete - this isn't spam,

Yeah was definitely orange light.. not a wifi issue :(..  the orange light was flashing etc. so it was the internet down not just the router.

they could see the drop, but couldn't say why it happened as they say it's normal for the connection to drop from time to time. I don't think it's normal unless there's a specific fault at that time

Yep - will monitor the TP router and see what happens!

DS
Seasoned Champion

Thanks for clarifying Wink

I think it's something like 3 drops in 24hrs or 6 drops in 72hrs that gets their attention. I don't personally agree with it myself, plus my own personal best with another ISP was 96 days of uninterrupted viewing.

Yep, go for it, you've nothing to lose!! Wink

(I should follow my own advice I guess, still plodding along with my PNH1, though I do currently have a connection issue, but here's not the place to bore you with it)

js2018
Grafter

thank you!

Yeah this is what i was told which is not good.

Which ISP was the 96 days with then? i think my PN used to stay up for like 70 days at times, but this was like at the start of last year.. 

DS
Seasoned Champion

It was with $ky, though on ADSL

I'm an all or nothing kinda guy, so I move everything to the same ISP.

Started with BT on ADSL had nothing but drops, so after 'moaning' to their MD, he soon got things done. Alas it was not fixed and they said go to VDSL and the issues would 'go away', so forked out more cash and ..... it still dropped. They let me go.

Moved to Sky (back to ADSL) and it was pretty good, in fact getting better upload speed than I am now!! They started asking too much so jumped to PN (and 'upgraded' back to VDSL)

It's been hit and miss since, though got engineer number 3 tomorrow - hope they fix it this time....!!!

So, once my connection is stable, I may then 'splash the cash' and update the router to a non ISP supplied one, or maybe I'm a cheapskate and will carry on with the PNH1...?Roll_eyes

I don't recall ever getting more than a week without a drop, though I did take my eye off the ball for a while, so it might have.?