dallasposely

Internet dropping out regularly

It's been quite patchy since switching to Plusnet but a few months in now
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Internet dropping out regularly

@dallasposely Welcome to the forums. A little more detail would help. PN Help Team will probably pick up, but Community members will try to help if needed.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
dallasposely

Hi Jab1,
I was hoping PN would get to this first as they know the uptime stats. We don't have telephone to do the quiet line tests etc, and PN troubleshooter doesn't have this as an option. I have the screenshots from the 2 links you sent, but the option to upload them isn't here. Ping 32ms, 72mb upload and 18mb download.
Many times a day disconnect from the router on our devices as the signal to hub has dropped, most of the time it doesn't affect the TV as it has cached enough data. The router itself doesn't show a drop in signal unless cable unplugged for around 10s so we're not seeing it happen, just getting the affects
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@dallasposely PN staff don't start until 0800 - I'm usually around about 0730 and try to help if i can.

To upload those screenshots - providing you are using a desktop/laptop - click the 'mountain' icon above the text entry panel, and then find and click on the screenshots on your machine.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@dallasposely 

Wait for a Plusnet staffer to come along by all means but be aware that if this is a wireless problem that Plusnet   Will not see the drops.
Please advise if you would like a another mere fellow customer to try to help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hiya @dallasposely, I am really sorry that you are experiencing some issues with your service.

I have checked your connection and can see 2 brief drops yesterday evening and a brief drop Friday evening, other than that the connection looks stable.

I have tested your line and we are seeing a good sync speed with no errors being detected.

Based on the findings, it would suggest that the issues are within the wireless connection between your devices and router. If you have devices connected by Ethernet that are also impacted (and have experienced drops other than the ones shown on the graph above, then please do let us know.

If it is solely devices using WiFi that are affected, I would advise to follow the steps I have provided on your account here to separate your routers wireless frequencies: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217904977

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dallasposely

Thanks Lauren. I have split the bands apart and will let you know in a few days if this has resolved the issues
dallasposely

Thank you Lauren, this appears to have 99% fixed the issues Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Excellent! Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet