cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out randomly

lyndsey

Internet dropping out randomly

Hi

I switched over from BT fibre in January and have been having problems all the time. We do use a lot of broadband throughout the day, streaming tv etc. I presumed with the Plusnet hub technically being the same as the BT Home hub, we would get the same service.

We are forever having to disconnect and use Data on my phone when within the wifi range at home as the wifi keeps stopping. 

I am guessing it is a WIFI issue, however, we never had the same issues with the BT hub.

The hub is plugged via the main telephone port via a microfilter. There doesn't seem to be any issue with the phone line.

Can anyone advise what to do now? Should I just switch back to my old BT home hub?

Thanks Lyndsey

1 REPLY 1
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Internet dropping out randomly

@lyndsey

Welcome to the forums.

I would suggest trying the BT Hub you have as it will eliminate the Plusnet Hub One as the source of the issue or prove it is if the fault goes away. Plusnet normally ask you to try using another router if you have access to one to help fault find anyway.

This thread shows how to setup the BT Home Hub for use on Plusnet https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/m-p/1192234#... with the information you require shown in the 1st post

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT