cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping every couple minuets

sarahcook62
Dabbler

Internet dropping every couple minuets

So basically as the title says, my internet connection keeps dropping every couple minuets and then return about 2 minuets later. I have no idea what is causing this but it needs fixing asap. I have checked the router and when the internet drops, all of the lights are green accept the one entitled "Internet" of which turns red. I have restarted the router to see if this would fix anything but it hasnt. Also for the time i do have internet, my speeds are about half of what they should be for the download (~38Mb instead of ~80Mb that i used to get), meanwhile the upload hitting its cap at ~20Mb. Im not sure if this is related but my house phone line seems to be dead also. I've had the family running around the house to check if any of the phone are off the hook but they all seem okay. I am unable to contact Plusnet help line via my phone due to this. I refuse to use a mobile after just receiving an extortionate bill from talking with their customer service for the past few days. Please help me! Ive had no issues since i signed up and ive just recently taken up plusnet of another property as everything was going so smoothly.
3 REPLIES 3
Pinkprincess

Re: Internet dropping every couple minuets

Can't help on your problem, I have no internet at the moment at all  :'(.  But think 0800 numbers are free from mobiles now if you can call the technical helpline 0800 number.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

you need to report a fault to plus net.
Read
page ten of this guide. http://portal.plus.net/support/pdf/welcome/Plusnet-Handbook.pdf
Then  call
0800 432 0200 - free from landlines

0345 140 0200 - free from mobiles with landline minutes
You will need your user name and password.
or go on line to report a fault here: Go here and follow the guide.
http://www.plus.net/help/
You will need your user name and password.
Faults are common and are caused by the old and worn out telephone system which broadband uses to deliver your internet connection.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@gpsmout
Always use the freephone number from mobiles as these calls are free from all UK mobiles since 1 July 2015.
Plusnet are still (nearly 7 weeks after this date) giving out bad advice.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT