cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping connection and speeds are slowing

spat55
Dabbler

Internet dropping connection and speeds are slowing

For the last fortnight my Plusnet Hub One has been losing connection at least once or twice a day and now my speeds are starting to drop, the interesting thing is my ping is fine it's just the connection seems unstable and it'll drop at any point. Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Internet dropping connection and speeds are slowing

Hi @spat55

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've raised a ticket on your account here which contains some troubleshooting for your disconnect issue.

I've also checked in with our supplier who are planning to upgrade the infrastructure that you're connected to in August of this year - this should improve performance all round. In the interim, ensure that the router is connected to the test socket in your premises to optimise your speed and stability as much as possible.

Best Wishes,

Dave

pretzel40k

Try logging into the router and disabling 5ghz WiFi. If you need help with this just ask.
It's causing a lot of different issues for many people.
I've had to disable it on mine and it has fixed connection speed, annoying buzzing from router and LAN device connections.
I had similar issues with BT hubs but hoped plusnet had better firmware.
spat55
Dabbler

Thanks for the advice I've disabled 5 Ghz lets see if it helps, if that doesn't work I'll change microfilter out and connect to the master socket.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@spat55 Further to the comments above I've asked our suppliers to look at moving you to a less congested part of the exchange.

We'll update you when we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
spat55
Dabbler

Thank you for investigating and keeping me updated.

spat55
Dabbler

Well so far since the 4th May I haven't noticed any disconnections and the logs appear to back that up, would it be possible to have a DLM reset so I can get back to full speeds rather than the Down Rate = 66918Kbps  I'm currently on? I was able to hit over 75000kbps before I had these disconnections which caused the DLM to drop my speeds.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear things have been better.

With regards to a DLM reset this wouldn't benefit your line as your current profile is "0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
spat55
Dabbler

It's started dropping again, the connection had been fine from the 4th May but dropped twice on the 13th May and 3 times today (15th). What is causing this? It's strange how it ran fine for over a week then starts doing it so frequently again, annoying when you are doing something important.