Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping and getting orange light on modem

FIXED
Jamesw1976
Dabbler

Internet dropping and getting orange light on modem

Hi new user here.

I switched across from Sky  a couple of weeks ago to improve my broadband speed as I upgraded from normal broadband to fibre.

I used to get 15-17Mbs from Sky and on the gumpf when I signed up was told I would get up to 72Mbs but would get at least 59Mbs. 

On the first day I got 42Mbs and expected things to improve in time. However nearly two weeks later it has slowed down to 27Mbs.

However my real issue is that at lunch time today my broadband has started dropping. It would disconnect and then 10 minutes later it would reconnect. It did this consistently for about 2 hours. Now it is intermittently disconnecting and taking anything from 30 minutes to an hour to reconnect. The lights on the box go from blue to Flashing orange then solid orange and stay like it. After a period of time they flash and go blue again.

I’ve tried the various trouble shooters and have also pinged across a request for a service check, but I thought I’d try here to see if anyone can help.

I stream all my TV, Music and have a partially smart house. I also have family descending for Christmas and the thought of no TV or music fills me with dread.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Internet dropping and getting orange light on modem

Fix

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

Our tests are showing a external fault on the line so we'll get that raised for you.

As soon as we have a update we'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team