cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping/Signal weaker - no fix

jonnyshortt

Internet dropping/Signal weaker - no fix

Hi Can a member of staff please pick up this inquiry? In the past few months: 1. The wi-fi signal in my property is weaker (no longer reaches the back bedroom) 2. The internet drops (orange light/flashing orange light/back to blue) a few times a day 3. Frequently, devices connect to wi-fi but with no internet access whilst others connect fine (at same time) I have: 1. Completed the line test - all fine 2. Changed the channels - no improvement 3. Upgraded from fibre to fibre extra - buffering still an issue when only one device streaming Can someone please review? Thanks Jonny
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet dropping/Signal weaker - no fix

Hi there, 

I've just been looking into this and bearing in mind what you've mentioned it sounds like 2 different issues might be affecting you. 

There's obviously an issue with WiFi affecting your devices, are your devices Windows, Android or Apple based or is there a mix?

I ask as some customers have found it helpful to separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels. If you haven't done so already too it would be a good idea to try using an app like WiFi Analyzer or inSSIDer to make sure the router is using the best available wireless channel. 

With regards to the internet drops, the changes in the router lights indicate that the connection is being lost due to a loss of synch (the broadband signal on the line) as per the graph below we've seen a high amount of connection drops prior to the past 4 days, does that line up with your experience? Line tests don't pinpoint any obvious causes but if you're still seeing connection drops it would still be a good idea to go through some troubleshooting next: https://goo.gl/Rnae7N after that you can report a fault at http://faults.plus.net do please keep us posted either way. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyshortt

Hi Adam

Thank you for the reply

The devices are a combination of Apple, Android & Windows.

I have followed the instructions previously to separate the 2.4 & 5 ghz channels. I am not at home right now but I think that each channel is stronger at different parts of my property.

The drops have been occurring for much longer than four days - this has been multiple weeks of drops and poor performance. I will follow the troubleshooting guide.

Thanks

Jonny

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @johnnyshortt

Please let us know once you've followed the troubleshooting guide and if things look to improve and by all means if the issue persists we'll happily investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team