Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropped

Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Internet dropped

Hi, my internet dropped out for a few minutes just now (around 3:15am).

Anything showing as to the cause?

Note that I haven't disconnected in about ~7 weeks now prior to this, I just really appreciate a completely stable connection due to my work.

Regards

Afran

15 REPLIES 15
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Internet dropped

Hi @Afran,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this drop caused you. As it was just the one drop, it's difficult to determine what's caused this.

Please be aware that, due to the physical nature of the broadband network, we are unable to guarantee a completely stable connection with no drops and it is normal to experience occasional drops. Please let us know if the drops become more frequent.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Hi @EmilyD

My connection dropped again tonight, at about 2:15am.

Should I go ahead and raise a fault?

Regards

Afran

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and we're only seeing 3 or 4 drops over the course of the past week so as Emily mentioned this can be quite normal.

If you do notice the connection starting to drop a lot more frequently, i.e a number of times a day then do let us know so we can have another look but in all honesty there doesn't seem to be an issue. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Sorry but, 3-4 drops per week is acceptable? Since when? I've been with Plusnet for over 6 years now and this has never been the standard nor what I would view as acceptable

The odd drop here or there I can totally understand but surely several per week is indicative of something being not quite right.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Afran,

Below is a graph which displays the drops in your connection, the drops being horizontal lines with green dots at the top.

I'm afraid that the drops are not frequent enough for our suppliers to class this as a fault. As no external fault has been detected, the only option we have is to arrange an engineers visit. The time-slots for an engineers visit are weekdays either 8am - 1pm or 1pm - 6pm so it is unlikely they would be able to detect a fault when testing.

Although this is the case, feel free to complete our troubleshooting guide and if the issue persists raise a fault.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Afran
Rising Star

Mind checking again? If you could check my drops in the past two weeks. I don't believe it's dropped until now, however, has dropped a few times today...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

While there have been a small number of drops over the past few weeks, I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned with the, however there doesn't seem to have been any drops yesterday as you advised. Did you experience these drops on both a wired and wireless connection?

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Afran
Rising Star

Your picture shows disconnect(s) just a few minutes before I posted though... around 1:30am.

I'm using a wired connection to my PC, though the wi-fi is affected too as it's the router turning orange. It'll turn from blue to orange, flash orange for about 5 minutes, then come online again.

Afran
Rising Star

To add to post above, another disconnect just occured.

3:22am flashing orange
3:25am constant orange
3:26am blue & back online

I'm going to raise a fault tomorrow if you are unable to shed any light on this.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for that, I'd actually misread your post time as around 1:30PM thinking it was from the previous afternoon.

The drop from between 3am and 4am this morning is also showing on the account, however these can often be attributed to supplier maintenance during the night.

If you could let us know once you've reported a fault over at https://faults.plus.net, we'll be able to get that picked up and progressed with our suppliers if necessary.

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Afran
Rising Star

Hi Harry,

I understand could be attributed to maintenance if it was a one-off, but since it isn't... I also haven't seen any on-going maintenance when checking this.

I've reported a fault via your link, the reference number is #185297672

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Afran.

Our tests aren't showing any issues still and the drops you've had don't appear to be many at all:

Could you go to your router settings at http://192.168.1.254 and confirm the firmware version from the bottom? We may need to get the firmware updated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Afran
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for that, I've raised a request to our products guys to update the firmware in your router.

Let us know how your connection looks over the next few days.

[edit]

We've updated the firmware in your router.

Let us know if the drops continue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet