cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down

jimmy123
Dabbler

Re: Internet down

Yeah, first thing I tried on Sunday. Mostly just looking for a timeframe, as it'll be cheaper to buy a data add on for my phone if it goes on much longer.
I'd honestly thought I'd get some help from staff through this forum, but despite a critical fault none even advised me about reporting/creating the ticket. So thanks again for advising me.
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @jimmy123 

If it is still not fixed suggest you restart the router and go from there. You now have a ticket and you can monitor that but I am sure that @Gandalf, @MatthewWheeler or another member of staff will pick it up and inform you of the progress.

jimmy123
Dabbler

Hi, yeah I've had a reply basically saying that there's nothing wrong (try changing routers/filters etc)and I'm to leave the router connected to the test socket for 3 days, and if the issue is still present then get back in touch, and warning me I'm liable for a £50 charge should an engineer visit and find nothing wrong.
I've replied to the ticket, saying I've tried all the hardware changes...I've been without internet since Sunday so I'm not prepared to wait another 3 days.
jimmy123
Dabbler

Also within the ticket, the automated system user script read "our tests have found a fault with your broadband service".... anyone know if that's just a standard placeholder reply, not the system user but the fault script?
jimmy123
Dabbler

Happy to report the problem has been fixed, an openreach chap visited, he checked the box where the phone enters the building and left(without saying a word, I guess the distancing guidelines) and an hour or so later the internet was back on, and he came back to check all was good, said there was a problem at the junction box.
So thank you Mort again for telling me how to report the fault in the system, without the advice I dare say I'd be still twiddling my thumbs.
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @jimmy123 

Thanks for letting me know and glad to see all is now fine for you, happy srfing.