cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down and no help?

Tuesdayalogan
Hooked

Internet down and no help?

Yesterday evening our broadband disconnected and nothing I did helped.
Spent all morning chasing customer service to be told that my account was broken and I needed a new one so that got sorted and I received an email saying my new broadband was ready to go. Nope, still not working. Called back up and it has now been registered as a fault and an engineer might be sent out but if there is no fault I will be charged £65????? Which I absolutely cannot afford. But since that phone call I have heard nothing and I don’t know what’s going on. I’m supposed to be working from home and I can’t with no internet and I have no clue when this is getting fixed. I’m so upset and frustrated and angry. What is going on???? How am I supposed to do my job? Why am I paying for a service that isn’t working!!!???
15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Internet down and no help?

@Tuesdayalogan If it has been registered as a fault there should be a question/ticket on your account giving you further details.The £65 charge warning is standard, but if Plusnet have identified a fault, which should be detailed on the question/ticket, then it is unlikely you will be charged. For other Community members to advise, though, we need a little more information.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

If Plusnet created a new account for you, have they started a new contract period? If so is that what you wanted? If not, have they confirmed that your previous contract period is still in effect?

Tuesdayalogan
Hooked

Yeah it looks like it’s a new 12 month contract from today. Honestly this isn’t an issue as long as what I’m paying for is working but right now it isn’t. Also feel a bit cheated because I’d already been charged for this month on my old account and have been charged again because they’ve opened up a new one for me but it feels so hard to bring this up on the phone when the resounding problem isn’t being fixed and I just feel like I’m being a nuisance.
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I think that by creating a new account, rather than fixing your problem they have just created an additional one! Good luck sorting it out!

Tuesdayalogan
Hooked

The ticket just says a fault has been logged and I’ll hear from someone by Thursday. Which is such a big window of time when i can’t work because I have no internet and limited data on my mobile which I’m using sparingly to try chase down solutions online. Which is not going very well for me apparently haha.
Tuesdayalogan
Hooked

Ugh tell me about it. Thankyou for the luck!
corringham
Seasoned Champion

So is your phone line working?

If so, then maybe they do mean that the problem was your old account being deleted/broken by Plusnet. If so the problem will be at Plusnet's end, rather than Openreach - and the Openreach engineer won't be able to fix that. I'm so glad I no longer rely on Plusnet. Good luck again!

jab1
Legend

@Tuesdayalogan Sorry, been trying to deal with another posters problems. Is there a question/ticket on your account giving details? If so could you post it on here, removing any personal details? Has an engineer been booked?

John
Tuesdayalogan
Hooked

This is what I’ve got!

Fault ID: 338495 was created
- Fault start date was added and set to 01-02-2021
- Service affected was added and set to Broadband
- Fault symptom was added and set to Authentication
- Engineer visit was added and set to No
System User
1:06pm, Monday 1 Feb 2021
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
——- - CSC - CS Escalations
1:07pm, Monday 1 Feb 2021
System User
System User
Thanks for reporting your broadband problem

Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service.

You've given us all the information we need about your problem, we'll raise this to our supplier for investigation.

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team to monitor the problem and we'll be in touch when we have an update for you. In the meantime:

Leave your equipment plugged in and powered up.
Make sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on (we'll keep you updated about your problem by text message).
If there's any change to the problem you're having please get in touch with us.

——— - CSC - CS Escalations
The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 4th February at 1:00pm. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - FTTC Faults - Auth until this time.
corringham
Seasoned Champion

jab1 may have a better idea, but that looks like it is logged as an authentication issue, and no engineer is booked.

Some Plusnet team will review the problem and you'll be updated on Thursday - it isn't obvious to me that anything will happen soon...

jab1
Legend

Think you are correct, @corringham  - but as usual the ticket needs a degree in 'Plusntspeak' to unravel.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

From past experience I believe that Plusnet generally sit on faults for 2 days, as that matches their OR SA. Sometimes things get "mended" without doing anything (e.g. if it was a OR issue that OR knew about), sometimes nothing happens. So I'd expect the problem to get escalated on Thursday when the ticket is reviewed.

jab1
Legend

Possibly, @corringham - but as an 'authentication' it shouldn't need escalation - PN hopefully still have some staff with the ability to fix it in-house.

BUT I'd still advise @Tuesdayalogan  to keep a sharp eye on it.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@jab1, I agree it shouldn't need escalation outside of Plusnet - but fear it will need someone to get it in front of the person who knows what to do. An authentication problem should not have needed a new account to be created, but that was seen as the solution - which it wasn't.