cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects every time a telephone call comes in

Flybouy
Hooked

Internet disconnects every time a telephone call comes in

Every time my landline phone rings the internet disconnects. Not the wifi but everything. Even hard wired devices. I have had this problem from day one but as we don't receive too many land line calls I didn't really follow it up but now its getting tedious. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Internet disconnects every time a telephone call comes in

You need to give more details of how your phones and router are connected to the phone line.

Does your master socket have separate sockets for phone & router ? or are you using a microfilter ?

If using microfilter, have you got 1 on every extension socket that is in use ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any obvious cause of this.

As advised above if you can provide details of how you have things setup we'll be able to advise further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Flybouy
Hooked

Thanks for the prompt reply. The telephone line goes into the micro filter and splits into the Plusnet router and the base unit for my deck phone. There are no other phones connected.

As soon as the landline rings the plus net hub goes orange after a few seconds and internet disconnects.

Does that help?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You could try replacing the microfilter, otherwise give support a call and report the fault.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'd recommend plugging your phone handset and router into the test socket

If you're still having the issue and assuming your phone service works fine with no other equipment plugged in, this would need to be reported to us as a broadband fault at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet