cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet constantly dropping out

Boatingstv

Internet constantly dropping out

For about the last two weeks (it was fine before this) the internet has constantly dropped in and out. It can happen multiple times an hour throughout the day or can be fine for a bit and then start dropping in and out again after a few hours of being fine. It is extremely frustrating.

It’s not just WiFi. It’s dropping in and out of wired connections also. Can be watching a movie and I will get a notification on the tv saying wired connection connected and this can easily happen 5-6 times through a film so I know it’s been dropping in and out again. (Blu-ray movie not downloaded one).

It’s typical that we never had this problem before but then lockdown kicks in and this problem is just continuous. Every single day for past couple of weeks and it’s driving me insane.
6 REPLIES 6
Soubriquet

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

Also having the same problem,  having just recently renewed my contract. 

Will be interested to see the response. 

Lnielsen
Hooked

Same here - everything was fine until about 3 weeks ago

abbietrewin

I am having the same problem and at around the same time.

Trying to get support but not getting anywhere. I have tried all online guide suggestions.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi everybody, sorry for the delays in getting back. @Boatingstv, @Lnielsen; I've looked at the line for you and sent an email with some further information.

@Soubriquet, there's an open fault ticket on your account, so I have replied there.

@abbietrewin, this looks to have been picked up already on a different post you've made.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Boatingstv

I am still having these problems and have tried everything suggested.

Can’t reply back to the support thread as it’s automatically closed.

Cant use live chat as it is offline.

Can’t get through on telephone number as it’s too busy.

Can’t contact you via twitter as the website suggests as I don’t use Twitter.

I would like to attach some photos of my speed checks I have been doing on a regular basis but funnily enough I keep getting low speeds and it’s making it difficult. I had to change to my mobile data just to post this message.

Some speed checks were so slow it disconnected halfway through the check to tell me to check my internet connection. Quite a lot of my speed checks are registering at less than 1mbps and maybe it’s just time I left Plusnet. My contract still had 5 months left but I have a faster fibre contract and getting guaranteed minimum speeds on very rare occasions and for about 10 minutes before they drop to snail pace again.

I don’t see why I should be paying for a ‘guaranteed’ minimum speed that I consistently do not get.

I changed to Plusnet as their customer service was apparantely award winning but if you check through my contact history with your company, I have had nothing but issues from day 1 with being promised things that never materialise.
Jacobyte969
Dabbler

Hi,

I have been having the same issue since the start of the Month and have raised a ticket. Followed the advice and things are getting worse not better.,

Your manage to get your direct debits out on time why can you not focus the same effort on providing a reliable service?

J.