cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection unreliable

goldfishes
Hooked

Internet connection unreliable

I have been a Plusnet customer for many years and have always been very satisfied with their service.
However, I have recently found the reliability of my internet connection is very poor. I work from home two days per week, which requires me to connect to a vpn.  At least 2-3 times during my working hours, the connection cuts out, requiring me to repeat the vpn login process. I sometimes lose work as a result.
The occasional dropped connection had been going on for several months, and I thought I could improve this by switching to fibre.  If anything, it is now worse, with more frequent interruptions and a couple of longer outages (For example, this past Friday (29/11/14), there was no internet for several hours. When I tried to ring Plusnet, the wait time was greater than 30 minutes.)

I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this, or if it is perhaps specific to my local fibre installation.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet connection unreliable

Hi goldfishes,
Sorry to hear about the issue you've mentioned.
Diagnostic tests and checks against your account aren't actually showing any issues.
If the connection itself continues to drop I'd report a fault with us: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team