Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropped overnight

FIXED
coolyazz1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Internet connection dropped overnight

Hello.
I woke up this morning to find my internet connection to Plusnet not working. It was working about 6 hours previously before I went to bed. I've double-checked my router and all the correct settings are still entered. All lights are green, including the physical line connection. There is also the usual connection tone when using the handset.
Please tell me you can see something wrong at your end so I'm not going mad! Password authentication or something like that?
I have screenshots of my router connection if needed.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
coolyazz1
Dabbler

Re: Internet connection dropped overnight

More information. My router is a Billion 8800AXL. Line sync speed 70115 Kbps down 20000 Kbps up. Error log just repeats the following:

Jan 1 00:14:18 daemon notice syslog: PPP: Start to connect ...
Jan 1 00:14:41 daemon err syslog: pppd:Couldn't get channel number: Transport endpoint is not connected
Jan 1 00:14:41 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Couldn't reset tty to normal line discipline: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Jan 1 00:14:41 daemon notice syslog: pppd: Doing disconnect

I've reset my router and entered my PPPOE details again (checking they match the Plusnet net website details on my phone).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

coolyazz1
Dabbler

Ok. So I come back this afternoon and the green internet led is lit up (alongside the green dsl led). However it is continuously flashing fast, and I get a BT wholesale page in the browser?
coolyazz1
Dabbler

Fix

I don't believe it... I had entered my username wrong in the router. All working now.

But there WAS a problem last night / this morning (before I reset my router) ... honest!

Sorry for the messing about!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @coolyazz1,

Sorry for the delay in responding, we are happy that you are back online.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team