Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection disconnecting almost every day randomly

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Internet connection disconnecting almost every day randomly

Ooops, so I have, @RealAleMadrid - I hadn't noticed the line length. as you say, we need staff to resolve the issue, as there is nothing we can do as fellow Community members.

I slightly disagree on the phone issu, though - they are very handy if a problem arises - or the mobile network fails. 😉

John
williamjt97
Dabbler

@jab1 @RealAleMadrid Thanks for the help, I'll wait for a PN forum staff and see what answers they can get. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @williamjt97

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you're having with your Broadband service. I've had a look at the line this morning and can see quite a few dropouts on Saturday evening, and a couple on Sunday. Though line tests that I've just ran aren't picking up any underlying issues.

The many dropouts that you experienced on Saturday do appear to be a one-off, maybe even due to Openreach maintenance in the area. I'm assuming that the bulk of your issues are therefore through the wireless connection, so I've made a couple of changes to the wireless settings on your router which should help.

If the dropouts continue, have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to fix this internally, though if that doesn't help, you can always log a fault with our Tech support Team by going to faults.plus.net.

I'll pop the visual radius below which show the dropouts on the line itself.:)

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
williamjt97
Dabbler

Hi @adam945

Thanks for checking this & modifying some wifi settings.

I use TP-Link powerlines for my PC + work laptops but the issue has never been with them as it's the router itself cutting out, indicated by the router going through the reboot process itself after cutting out. 

The dropouts I had on saturday 11th I did have before as well where it cut out 3 times in arow some weeks ago. Is there a way to check if openreach is doing maintenance in the area? 

Thanks for the help, will keep monitoring and if required will report a fault.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @williamjt97, I am really sorry for the issues you have been having with your service.

I'm not aware of being able to check Openreach maintenance I'm afraid but as you have mentioned, it would be advisable to monitor and log a fault with us should issues persist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team