cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet all over the place :(

delius21
Dabbler

Internet all over the place :(

hi could someome advise me on what they think i should do next, i had an internet issue, PN sent engineer, fixed issue, very happy 70mb down 19mb up, but since then my internet has been dropping at least once, sometimes several times a day, it comes back on but the speed seems all over the place they vary from 40mb to 70mb, it wont stay connected for more than 24 hours and seems to drop always between midnight and 2am (usually almost bang on 1am most nights), the engineer replaced all wiring to the property and the box on the wall, all i can think of is the PN router is not functioning correctly, what is the next step?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet all over the place :(

Hi there, I've run a full set of diagnostics but no issues are being flagged up. 

It would be a good idea to see if the same issue happens with a different router if you can get your hands on one. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
delius21
Dabbler

i dont have a spare, could PN send a replacement, for testing purposes?

i have recently re-contracted with yourselves but i will have to think of going elsewhere if i cant get a stable connection.

TIA

delius21
Dabbler

any chance of an answer, will be looking at other suppliers today...

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I would try to borrow a router from a friend/relative first for testing purposes. The reason behind this is there could be a fault somewhere along the the line and if this is the case then changing suppliers won't cure your problem, as you would get the same thing occurring. 

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Are your devices connected over WiFi, or wired into your router using an ethernet cable?

If you're just having problems with your wireless connectivity, it may be worth following the steps in this troubleshooting guide: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
delius21
Dabbler

all hardwired, only use wireless on phone.